When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harley Davidson Bicycle - Ladies Model

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think that this may have been poached by the person who supposedly makes the rules....

Am I right?

I think that this may have been poached by the person who supposedly makes the rules....

Am I right?

Nope, not yet, however, I am speaking with the seller. I was not the first to see this bike according to posts, but apparently I was the first to send a private message. How this makes me a "poacher", I am not sure.

I guess I could have told him to revise his post with a price, then I could have replied to his post. I also guess I could have deleted the post since he didn't "follow the rules" (as someone suggested in an earlier post) and then contact the seller without almost nobody seeing the bike, and then swoop in for the purchase.

It feels good to wake up this morning and be called a poacher. Great way to start the day...

As I said in an earlier post I wasn't "flogging" the poster but merely wanted the rules observed to avoid this very situation. From the get go a friendly PM to the seller that this section of the forum requires a location and price and that this would be moved to either General or Pre 33 so a value could be ascertained and then he could move to the sale section. This would have kept everything above board and mitigated the the looks of impropriety. I, too, am glad the poster put the bike out there and certainly don't want to alienate anyone but just make them aware of the proper etiquette so we don't have these problems in the future. ok I'm done. V/r Shawn

I think letting this post go, but telling seller to post price next time is a good/fair way to go since he is new and may not have seen the rules. I hope Scott gets it. I do not know you Scott, but as owner of the CABE I hope you will post pictures if you find the missing parts and make it correct original.

I do wish I knew the value of this bike. My dad does not collect much anymore, but he has an Indian and has always wanted a HD bike. I saw this posting early on yesterday and showed it to him. He got so excited. He has wanted one for 30 years. First thing he said after "wow" was "how much"? He would rather have a mens bike, but was interested. Now if I see another I will not know if $1,000 is fair, $2,000 is fair, or maybe $5,000 is dirt cheap. That's the really hard part about bike collecting. YES, it's worth what someone is willing to pay, but other than ebay it's hard to tell what a bike really sold for. Even when someone posts a FS ad here many times it's sold for less. But the problem is who (not me!) wants to tell the world how much cash we spend on our bikes? Not many do.

Good luck seller of this bike you have something really rare and cool there. And welcome to the CABE there are some really nice people here!!! I hope you will put this issue out of your mind and stick around a long time.
Dan

This Girls Harley Davidson Bicycle sold at auction for $4095 May 3, 2008

image.jpg

Auction #16078 Lot #121

http://www.bonhams.com/
It doesn't take long to pull up past auction listing and just do a little research to find the value of this bicycle or any other for that matter. I've pulled at least three since last night.

Last edited:
The funny part will be when it is announced as a fake bike. Does anyone have substantial proof of HD making a girls bike? Any sales ads? Here is an ACTUAL dealer photo of Harley Bicycles and Motorcycles. Hmm..........
1920s20Harley20Davidson20bicycle20shop20-1.jpg

Here's a ladies bike that now resides at the New Bremen museum-

Harley-Davidson-ladies-bike.jpg

Here's a catalog page from the 1918 catalog-

HD-model-3-18-cat-page.jpg

RE: Solution

Cool Harley - Great bike a welcome to the Cabe. All the members a very friendly and full of fantastic information and can be of assistance with most projects and bicycles. Wish I had the funds to buy it......

Might I put in my 2 cents worth as I was one of the offenders yesterday. Again, I apologised for not putting a price on my ad's ( that was corrected fairly fast on my part once it was pointed out ) and I think that a nice reply pointing out the fact that this part of the Forum requires a price and if they do not have one they should be directed to the correct place to find a value - Easy peeassy ! It always pays to be polite.

It feels good to wake up this morning and be called a poacher. Great way to start the day...

Making coffee and greeting the days first light is much more my pace. OK time to fess up. I have bought many bikes in many different manners including a Lee Hartung pair of Silver Kings that were sold before the "Auction" though not a direct sale to me. I would put myself in the Jackal category on the bike food chain. And as a part of the food chain I know my place and my strategy/tactics... just be at the right place at the right time, talk to others who share interests and develop relationships with like minded creatures and you might get lucky. So as a jackal I know to look to the sky to see if the vultures got something in their sights, or in bike terms browsing local craigslist ads or talking to local collectors.

A "Poacher" is someone who deliberately "Hunts" its prey and does so knowing it is "Illegal" or it would just be called "Hunting". Now take this Harley "prey" we have here. Are you gonna get pissed if you are a vulture or a jackal when a freegin Lion comes and pounces on a fresh kill? A kill that was brought to a place where all sorts of animals lurk... Lions, Tigers, Bears and plenty of Hyenas, Jackals, Vultures and even some Rats (as in rat-rods)

So Scott, let me get this straight, 1st they demand rules in the forums once know as the buy/sell/trade category
Now they demand strict adherence to this policy even though they weren't proactive enough to develop "Rules" for new members that could have helped this situation. The bitching for rules was in reaction to certain sellers mass posting with no pricing and flooding the site with great stuff but an archaic method of emails, postal money orders, agreement to not have to consult with wife before purchasing, general crazy person stuff... so these "Rules" that were quickly thrown together are now set in stone with harsh penalties of public scorn to those who break them... give me a break.

I propose new rules... and we call them guidelines. Guidelines are meant to steer people in the right direction. Repeat offenders who don't listen to these guidelines eventually will show their colors and either comply or FIND ANOTHER SITE TO MAKE A LIVING OFF OF! These guidelines could include something that can both welcome new members and satisfy established members. But to make demands of fairness and equal opportunity to buy at a reasonable price??? Go start your Communist Bike Club and see how that goes.

Last edited:
!

I have to agree with Shawn on this one . I'm all for fun but rules are rules. Maybe a good idea for you to think about Scott is not letting brand new members post items for sale until they have been on this forum for a few weeks or a month. That way they could ease there way in see how it's done. Or another option would be putting up a whole new classified section that is for this exact situation where someone does want to get offers on a bike instead of just selling it . It could be called "Testing the Waters"! Everyone here is going to have to agree to disagree on this subject.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back