When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harley Davidson Build sheet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JO BO

I live for the CABE
I have been reading some of the posts regarding build sheets that were placed in either seat mast tubes or headtubes so thought I would check to see if I could

find one in a Harley Davidson I have available. While I didn't find a build sheet I did discover "The Pin" It is about an inch from the top of the BB. It has been noted before how Davis used this pin on

the front fork to attach the fender with a J hook. I will check my other Davis frames to see if this is another Davis "tell" Jo Bo

7A4F8CA5-8279-4DB5-A10A-1240F32BC548.jpeg

9C381FEE-B96E-4816-BB33-C843A02CCC12.jpeg

I went out to the building last night to check a few more Davis frames. I checked a 1920 Harley, The Dayton/Yale motorbike frame, and the Daytonia and all of them have "The Pin" ( about an inch up from the BB in the seat mast tube) Will check a couple of Daytons and a couple more Harleys later but I assume they are going to have it. Checked a couple other bike brands and they didn't have it so maybe this is a tell along with serial number direction etc

Thanks for checking other makes. Hopefully we can get a list of those who do and those who don't use the pin process and that it may help those with mystery frames rule some makes in or out. Hope to hear more results.

It was a common method to use pins to attach frame lugs to tubing prior to brazing by bicycle manufacturers all over the world.
It's known as 'lugged and pinned' over here.
My 1898,'Quadrant' frame uses such a process.

Back