When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

harley davidson frame project.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
just thought i would show a frame that i picked up on craigs list a while ago. i started to clean it up and realized that it resembles the motocycke. so i peeled back the colors to find that there was the harley color i was looking for. it was on the the lower tube. i could not beleve it. I'll probably never find the badge or the sprocket; but, i have plenty of time to look. the tube photo is a hard one to show but you can see the odd green on it.

mark

Nice frame! You can find the sprockets on ebay, although it probably won't be a bargain. I can't say for sure, maybe someone else will confirm this but I believe H-D bicycles were made by the davis sewing machine company. It's possible that you could source davis parts from other models that would be correct for this frame.

thanks, ya, ebay is it for the two major parts badge and sprocket. i have been saving prewar parts for for 16 years. i have all of it but those two parts. the fenders i have are rough but restorable. i never thought i would find the correct frame.. it is exciting.

mark

I have a few HD Headbadges, $175. each

Attachments

• Harley Badges.JPG
    Harley Badges.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 155
i traded for that badge awhile ago for some hoppy decal designs. in my resent research i found out that I need is the early one which is copper and embossed. I never get it but thinking of making some my self. thanks for the help i appreciate it. i saw the ebay sprocket. doesn't it look a little weird with the turnings on it ? i could fix that i quess. what do you think about putting repops on a original frame?

To the best of my knowledge no one ever reproduced that badge you mentioned. Too hard to make I guess, but I will take a few if you make them! Original sprockets are available, I have one but is worn out and completely useless (not for sale).

Attachments

• H-D%20Badge%20nh.jpg
    H-D%20Badge%20nh.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 1918_HD_Bicycle.jpg
    1918_HD_Bicycle.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
killer bikes! that's the badge allright. somehow i think it can be done. its going to take some time to figure it out. that is when i have some of my previous projects finished. my old man was a master engraver for winchester arms. possibly he might have some ideas??? if it can be done i'll let you know down the line.

mark

Harley headbadge

yo,

got a nice headbadge, very, very close to the original. its bronze, not copper. but i had one copper plated, really looked good, only cost $15 to plate. $250, last one i have....also have sprockets for $100 each. [email protected]

Attachments

• MVC-038S.JPG
    MVC-038S.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 132
  • MVC-036S.JPG
    MVC-036S.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 120
i'll keep in touch. there was a orig one on epay for 500. i missed it; but, 500 is a little high but not out of my sight. at the moment i'am painting my muscle car so cash is fixed on that project for a little while. can you post a photo of sprocket also. thank you mark

Back