When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

harley frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

iraricky

Look Ma, No Hands!
hello; i found this frame, i think is davis or harley frame ,
tuti506.jpg
tuti507.jpg
please check

That fork isn't a Davis built Harley fork. This one is-

90s1H-1.jpg

Check out how the truss rods dead end into the fork blades.

Better pictures of the frame will help, but the angle of the headtube rake is a feature of an earlier year. The 1917 HD had a more relaxed headtube angle, but not quite as relaxed as that frame.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited:
hello; i found this picture, and original paint harley bicycle, i think is the same frame and fork on my frame , please check, thank you.

Attachments

• harley  3.jpg
    harley 3.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 260
hello; i found this picture, and original paint harley bicycle, i think is the same frame and fork on my frame , please check, thank you.

The bike in the picture is most likely a Davis built Harley, but the picture isn't big enough to see the details of the frame joints. It appears to be missing the "fish mouth" or "trumpet" frame connection pieces on the lower top tube. Some just on the back connection at the seat tube, sometimes front and back, as this bike has.

I2G9K-1.jpg

kkVYq-1.jpg

Another tell tale sign of Davis built frames is the serial number orientation. Davis built serial numbers are stamped front to back on the bottom of the frame's bottom bracket, where as most other frames are stamped side to side. Here's an example of a Davis built Chief frame.

ZRoAw-1.jpg

Keep in mind that all Harley bicycles were built by Davis Sewing Machine, but not all Davis frames can be Harley's. There can be subtle differences between Davis built Dayton's, Yale's, and Snell's, etc.

Confused yet?

Back