When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

harley frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
it is where the frame tube ends are pressed inside another tube and the outer tube is distinguished by either a cutout design of some sort or left as a exposed joint. this so you can see the artistic consruction work.

A Man Needs To Own His Own Behavior .. a typewritten apology to SCOTT S. .........

SCOTT S. ... I hope you see my addition to entry #18 of this thread.

................... patric cafaro

Ejlwheels ... here is a color sample of Davis DAYTON Carmine ... look at the Left Sample.

The color chip presented on the right was obtained from Google Images CARMINE.

Davis DAYTON CARMINE.jpg
Carmine  1.jpg

PEEPIN' COLORS and forming judgments is rather subjective, especially on a computer screen ...
when it's 104 degrees in the shade. But, I'm wearin' a freshly-frozen derby and a freshly-frozen
adult diaper and I've just sparked a Tampa-Sweet PERFECTO ... so i'm ready to talk color.

DO NOT MAGNIFY THE COLOR SAMPLES ... they will speak to you better if kept small.

NOW ... HERE IS THE PROBLEM with peepin' colors on a lit screen ... if your vision is soakin' up
those colors and the lit screen is entirely-too vertical ... your peepers will see a totally different
color than if the lit screen was more in a "laid-out-flat-AWAY-from-you" position.

IF YOU ARE USIN' A LAPTOP ... peep the color chips while lifting the front-leading edge of the keyboard.
BECOME AWARE OF CHANGES YOU LIKE .. and the ones you don't. Subjective .. ain't it ??!

NOW ... If you are using a tower-computer with a stationary, lit-screen monitor ... feel free to lift your
keyboard as high as you feel safe. You probably won't see much of a color change within your monitor ..
unless your keyboard is casting a shadow across your lit-screen monitor.

I HAVE NEVER TRIED COLOR PRINTING A PAINT, COLOR CHIP. Perhaps this could help isolate the color.

Ejlwheels .. boys .. and girls ... this is about the limit of my charm in gettin' you to contemplate the "ins" and
"outs" of computerized color peepin'.

NOW .. it's time for YOU to use your judgment. As for me ... i'm goin' in for another fresh-frozen derby / adult-
diaper combo. The mosquitoes are killin' me out here tonight.

.............. patric

Last edited:
It's Not As Confusing As It Seems ... well, maybe it is ................

Not to mention the fact that the photo was taken on a clear sunny day which will effect the color selections. Best to shoot for true color on an overcast day without direct sunlight. The blue sky will cool the carmine... not to mention the transparency, viscosity, reflectivity or opacity of this nearly century old paint (whose recipe is illegal in most states... okay all states). All background colors will also reflect in the paint such as green grass will "brown" a bright red paint job if taken a photo and sampled. And so on.

Not to mention the fact that the photo was taken on a clear sunny day which will effect the color selections. Best to shoot for true color on an overcast day without direct sunlight. The blue sky will cool the carmine... not to mention the transparency, viscosity, reflectivity or opacity of this nearly century old paint (whose recipe is illegal in most states... okay all states). All background colors will also reflect in the paint such as green grass will "brown" a bright red paint job if taken a photo and sampled. And so on.

That's why I always use my PMS swatch book...no variables, not subjective...just a true color match http://www.printingassoc.com/

--after you nail the color---next you got to get the pigment size--are your color will not be THE color

And, no doubt, even the original paint has oxidized and/or faded and/or shifted since it was applied.

Back