When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harley on Ebay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Probably not a bad price but it is the plain jane curved top bar not the more desireable "Motorcyke" motorbike style. You are right about the chrome, not being the correct nickel plating plus being new and not matching the original patina. Then there is the thing about the crank arms needing to be threaded, if they are worn they will need to be filled with braze and then retapped, that will mean rechroming. and I dont know why he did not take the time to fit the chain properly. I guess it is just not a good time to try to sell a high dollar bike, I have had my Indian on ebay recently listed for $4995. with hundreds of lookers but no one has stepped up to the plate.
Indianrtside1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't aware there were dfferent style frames for the HD bikes. I ride HDs and being a bicycle collector too this would be a neat piece. I may go ahead and make an offer on it and see what happens. BTW I saw your ike on eBay and that is one sweet Indian! v/r Shawn

This is probably the most desireable Harley style frame, called a "Motorcyke" as it resembles a motorcycle. Harley also made a diamond frame standard and racer, a girls step thru and a arched truss frame. The one on ebay is a nice bike but if I had it I would get ride of the new chrome and replace with original pieces of the same patina.
1918HDBicycle-1.jpg

the bike on ebay is a columbia.lots of bikes were painted olive drab.i'd say that bike is a pope and the sprocket and headbadge were added to make it look like a harley.so i would say no it's not a real harley.

I did some more research and as you stated there were a number of models. If I'm going to spend the serious cash I think I will wait for a Motorcyke model. v/r Shawn
This is probably the most desireable Harley style frame, called a "Motorcyke" as it resembles a motorcycle. Harley also made a diamond frame standard and racer, a girls step thru and a arched truss frame. The one on ebay is a nice bike but if I had it I would get ride of the new chrome and replace with original pieces of the same patina.
1918HDBicycle-1.jpg

Back