When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harley restoration help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

comet

Finally riding a big boys bike
Well it is a Harley and now it's mine. At 64 I felt like a 10 year old with the best Christmas present ever. Now I need help so I don't mess this up. I know everyone is wondering so I will say I paid a pretty high 4 figure number. The owner had a family summer place in the town where I live, I think I was the first person to respond and when I pointed out the wrong fender and stand we came to an agreeable number. So I think the only wrong parts are the fender and stand. I'll attach some pics, but then I have to go to a freinds for the weekend so if I don't reply it's because I'm not home. So this is what I need help with.
Parts rear fender and stand.
Wheels I'll do some better pics but I would like to get the original rims and hubs rebuilt to be rideable
Paint there is some red over the original but most of the red you see is the primer. I've done the light steel wool and wd 40 to get that layer off of other bikes but I am open to other suggestions. Also what is the best way to clean the bike without losing anymore paint.
One pedal has some kind of ugly weld mess that I'll have to bring away and see what to do.
I'm sure I've forgotten things but that's why I'm here. To tap into the giant CABE brain.
Thank you in advance for your help

Ozyqldj%TdWpYtZo70NlEg.jpg

%MeXh6F9T%WRjAR2me%d3Q.jpg

woKpTP6dSR+S8VgX3Ocd5A.jpg

UpgzGxKASYuEvZGS4r0FQw.jpg

Ac3yzPTLSaSbTznFqlOlVA.jpg

gREsFwu+TY6xPZ6qlYnxog.jpg

QohKYEyBS4OGhlh6NZIyAg.jpg

5vKR9mUxQDqI3CaEut1Ojg.jpg

34Zrz+4hR2KAA%Ut2HQP9A.jpg

r6wdR1MYQ6OxVSpt3rEn0Q.jpg

Nice score.. I've been tracking original paint one down for years. Owner won't sell yet..lol.. they are awsome bikes. If it were mine I'd be up in the air on it.. getting the fender easy . Wheels are easy too. Stand not too easy. Saving the paint not easy.. then what paint you have left will have to be fake patinaed on the fender to match.. this could work or turn out to be a disaster.. depends on you pick a plan and stick too it..anyway you go you have a harley.... . I'm doing a 1920 project right now..still debating on which way I should go with it..good luck..

Back