When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Haro Dart

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dale Alan

I live for the CABE

Attachments

• IMG_9123.jpg
    IMG_9123.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_9130.jpg
    IMG_9130.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 663
  • IMG_9132.jpg
    IMG_9132.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 407
The Dart was an example of a Formula 1 or F-1 bicycle. This was a short lived movement in the very late 1980s to promote road racing among BMX riders. The bicycles were styled after the time trial "funny bikes" then in vogue, in that they generally featured downwards sloping top tubes and wheel covers to mimic disc wheels. They used wide, 20", near slicks and gearing was typically 6 speed, indexed. It was hoped that the visual similarities to "funny bikes", in conjunction with the F-1 name, would draw customers. The competitions were generally held on courses laid out in a parking lot. The other notable model from this period was the Diamond Back F1. The bicycles typically sold in the $350-$400 range.

Edit: Attached is an F-1 picture from a 1988 issue Bicycling. It's amusing in that the rider is wearing full Haro gear but riding a Diamond Back. Competitor product testing?

Attachments

• Bicycle F1.jpg
    Bicycle F1.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 707
Last edited:
Very interesting,thanks for the info T-Mar . What a wild concept,it sure explains the funky geometry .I am 55 years old and a little stiff,this bike is not a good fit.Wish I had it when I was younger,would have been a blast.

Its a really old post i see but any chance you still have that haro dart and would consider selling?

Back