When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anybody ever been to White Fence Farm? "1376 Joliet Road, Romeoville, IL "

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MarkKBike

Finally riding a big boys bike
The reason I'm asking, is that they have a large collection of antiques in the lobby. As a kid, my Grandparents used to take the family there.

Since they have passed, it has been sort of a family tradition to get together once a year for a meal. They have several antique bike on display, but the ones that most caught my interest last year was a very early his and her set. The bikes did not have chains, but had a actual drive shaft running from the pedals to the rear wheel.

I thought they were real neat. Does anyone know what make they may have been? I understand the description is vague, But thought someone here might know just off that information. I'm assuming they are pretty rare, as I have not seen other examples.

My searches have turned up empty. I'm just wondering what they might have been, and the approximate age? It will probably be another 1/2 year before I visit the restaurant again. I wish I would have taken some photos in my last visit.

Could be any number of brands including Pierce, Spaulding, etc... but my money is on Columbia. Do a search for "shaft drive bicycle" and you you turn up something. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
I go by there occasionally next time I'll run in and take a picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Las time I was there which has been more than a few years there were at least a dozen antique bikes on display. I do not recall what brand any were.

I do vaguely remember the bike you are talking about, it's a shaft drive it may have been badgeless or a Columbia I don't remember

After examining some pictures I think it may have been a Pierce Chainless bike. It's been a while since I have seen it, but the Pierce is what most closely matches my memory. Thanks for the leads, I was wondering about the bikes I saw for a while now.

My wife & I love White Fence Farm. We try to make it here a few times a year. I've been going here for 30+ years and the place has hardly changed at all. All of these bikes have been there since I was a kid.

I took a few pictures tonight, but I don't have a very good camera & the lighting is terrible inside. The bikes are all hung on funny angles too.

Here are the two chinless bikes- I goofed uploading pictures, tried to edit and made it worse!

IMG_1946.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG
View attachment 651581

IMG_1952.JPG
IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

Last edited:
Back