When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anybody Heard of a Yankee Bicycle? There's One on Craigslist

-
Never seen one of these Yankee bikes, but I LOVE weird bike stuff! That crank mechanism was giving me flashbacks to the Browning Smartshift, though the Yankee seems better thought out since it has plastic guides on each side.

That band brake on the rear only seems to me to be as if a coaster brake, rim brake and a disc brake had a love triangle and produced an offspring....probably awesome for skids (which are always cool).

Yankee....it's no Alenax, but it's still pretty cool, way cooler than an Autobike or Forerunner!

Never seen one of these Yankee bikes, but I LOVE weird bike stuff! That crank mechanism was giving me flashbacks to the Browning Smartshift, though the Yankee seems better thought out since it has plastic guides on each side.

That band brake on the rear only seems to me to be as if a coaster brake, rim brake and a disc brake had a love triangle and produced an offspring....probably awesome for skids (which are always cool).

Yankee....it's no Alenax, but it's still pretty cool, way cooler than an Autobike or Forerunner!
Makes me think, I'd love to rig up a version of that kevlar brake that is actuated by the cranks! Could turn out to be a light and effective skid machine.

Never heard of a Yankee, but I have heard of a Fat Yankee.
n_a (6).jpg

Back