When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone come across this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fthnow

On Training Wheels
I acquired a bunch of Schwinn books/catalogs from an auction a number of years ago. One of the books is the familiar 50 years of Schwinn Built Bicycles. This one happened to be a library book from the Racine Wisconsin public library.

What is unique is that inside the front cover appears to be the autograph of Ignaz Schwinn, though his signature is a different color ink than the person mentioned. I don't know if this is authentic. Anyone ever come across this? Thanks!!

IMG_3753.JPG

That auction; was it the family auction in Chicago? I have the paperback version of that book. Wore the binding out of it long ago. I would like to buy service manual for the mid to late 30's Schwinn. I have a copy if the section for hi-lo drum. But long to see entire book. Authentic signature? Who knows

That auction; was it the family auction in Chicago? I have the paperback version of that book. Wore the binding out of it long ago. I would like to buy service manual for the mid to late 30's Schwinn. I have a copy if the section for hi-lo drum. But long to see entire book. Authentic signature? Who knows
Wasn't the family auction; was an auction in Kewaskum, WI some time ago. It featured a number of items from a guy who owned a bike shop in Waukesha, WI.

The writing doesn't look very smooth. My grandma's handwriting looked like that after she got older. If they were doing a facsimile, I'd think they would choose a better version.

I live in Racine and the " Ec Styberg Engineering Co " is still in business. I wonder what the connection was.

I HAVE AN ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHED 50 YEAR BOOK
WITH IGNAZ SIGNATURE.
I WILL CHECK IT OUT FOR COMPARISON.
I AM NOT A HAND WRITING EXPERT, BUT IT LOOKS ALMOST THE SAME.
AND THE "TO MY FRIEND______ IS IN BLACK INK VS. THE BLUE FOR IGNAZ.

WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO PUT A VALUE ON THEM?

Last edited:
I acquired a bunch of Schwinn books/catalogs from an auction a number of years ago. One of the books is the familiar 50 years of Schwinn Built Bicycles. This one happened to be a library book from the Racine Wisconsin public library.

What is unique is that inside the front cover appears to be the autograph of Ignaz Schwinn, though his signature is a different color ink than the person mentioned. I don't know if this is authentic. Anyone ever come across this? Thanks!!

View attachment 745853
Having several original Ignaz signatures I say yours is authentic. Mark.

Back