When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone dealt with Vintage Bicycle Shop in Stanton CA?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

greenephantom

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Title pretty much says it all. Anyone had any experience with Vintage Bicycle Shop in Stanton, the one on Katella? Good, bad or otherwise? I'm getting the runaround on a bike purchase and want to know if I should be getting paranoid or not.
Cheers, Geoff

bicycle Linda!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's who you are dealing with. She has opened and closed shop about three times in North Orange county in the past 7 years. She has a ex or currently using meth-heads working for her.... Get your money back and run!!!!!!! Everyone has a Bicycle Linda Story.... Good Luck!!!!!

Dang. That's both good and bad to know. Opened PayPal claim right after reading your response. Frig.

Cheers, Geoff

eBay seller name is: vintagebikelady

But did the deal outside of eBay. Ah, regrets.

Cheers, Geoff

I have known Linda for years! She is a bit quirky and can be a little rude at times. If I were you, go there and talk to her. She eventually will make good on the deal. Did you buy a Roadmaster?

If I was close enough to go into the shop in person, this would have not been an issue. Did what amounted to a handshake deal over the phone. Figured, hey, it's a business, this will be okay. Waited nearly two weeks then called to check in, got a rambling story about how it hadn't shipped yet and that gosh, it would be expensive to ship it, and that she'd ship it parcel post through usps because she could cheat on the weight and it wouldn't be so expensive. All that shows up with the tracking number is that info has been submitted to usps, but the bike has not been picked up or dropped off or otherwise shipped off through usps. I called the shop again and got a runaround and was told that you can't really track a package with a tracking number, um, yeah, right. Bike in question is a Deluxe Hornet straightbar. Paid in full June 25th.

I hope I'm wrong about this being a scam, but it sure feels like it.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoff-
As you know, I'm a bit of a Luddite. Are you still committed to this transaction. Or are you relieved from the responsibility of payment once you have filed a claim with paypal? Will your account automatically be credited? Sorry to hear that you got involved with a potentially unscrupulous individual.

It's been escalated to a claim through PayPal, so I should be okay. Still have hope the bike will magically appear, but the tracking number shows it has not been shipped, so it's gonna take friggin' lots of magic. And it's somehow easier to see all the red flags in the rearview mirror. Such as it is.
Cheers, Geoff

She is sketchy, I've dealt with her, and while she is quite knowledgeable, she is a know-it-all.

I would NEVER do a deal with her that wasn't in person, and cash$. Like previously stated, she

moves her shop constantly (tons of crap,) and everything is always someone else's fault. She's

a real trip. ................Get your money back.

Back