When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone else noticed E-bay is now auto relisting your items

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MarkKBike

Finally riding a big boys bike
This just started for me recently, and I do not like it. If a Item does not sell in 30 days I like to take the time and re-evaluate my price or possibly move it to another sale site. I used to have a option to not have it auto re-list, but that option has now been taken away.

It appears the only way to stop the auto relist option is to end the listing early, but I think if you do that to many times you incure a final sale fee. (I'm not sure if that is true or not and it will require further investigation, but I think you could only do it a few times for free in a given time period). Another issue is I would often wait to relist until they sent me a special.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-early/index.html#fixed-price-listing

61F762AA-0BC7-481D-8180-47367186FB17.png

I shipped out a vintage antique item last week, and a buyer with limited feedback responds with:

The very first thing they say is "God Bless You", and then continues with "The Item is beautiful, but some parts seems to be stuck".....................................Yada, Yada..... Etc. , Do you have any advice, and finishes off with "God Bless you". Once again.

I'm a religious man myself, but whenever people do this I suspect a scam, as most "real" religious people do not try and use faith to their own personal advantage.

I replied back with some helpful advice to the object in question, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be offering a complete refund, and adding another buyer on to the block list just to protect my perfect rating. It was not a expensive enough item to pay to have shipped back, so its not a big deal.

I get one of these suspected "God Bless You" Scammers about once a year.

But for the most part, have really good experiances with almost all the items sold. On Ebay You just have to be ready to give a few items away for free, to keep the rest of the honest people confident with your rating.

To be honest, if they did not "God Bless" me so many times I would have been much more likely to believe the story that was told. But you never know, and as a seller its in your best interest to protect a perfect rating.

The reason this causes suspicion Is I never once recieved a coment that said "God Bless You, Great Product, God Bless you Again". Its usually just "Thanks Love it, Good Packaging". or something like that.

Last edited:
I think Ebay is trying to encourage more sellers to list items as auctions. The ratio of Buy-it-now to auction items must be at least 100 - 1.

Good til cancelled is a joke. EBay is just Populating their site with more items they 'think'
when in reality it's the same ol same ol'.
NO urgency for anyone to make a purchase with a clock ticking....so your items just get forgotten....
what a crock o eBay horsesheesh.
The Seller should have the option to list till 'cancelled' or run the listing for the chosen duration.
Blows
as usual...ebay making more sellers bail.

Agree. Another change that is just stupid. Also, I've sold and shipped many bikes on feepay over the last 20 years without a hitch. I always take lots of pics and try to give an honest description, including everything I can find wrong with it. However, the last few years I have had buyers say stuff like "you did not mention a scratch on the underside of the frame", or " the tires that you said have wear actually have cracking also". Then, of course, they proceed to shake me down for large discounts. Then, on a few occasions, they turn around and resell it for the price I had it listed at before their "shakedown". And they don't even give a description in their post. I think it might be better to just state "pictures tell story" and not give a long description. Then they can't trip you up for not mentioning this or that. I think selling exclusively at swap meets is going to be my method of operation from now on.

I haven’t had a buyer not pay for a item in over a year on EBay. Until this past month in the last three weeks I’ve had nine people want thier bids removed or not pay at all !!!! Ebay is losing a lot of business to Facebook . They really need to wake up and give reasons for sellers to want to sell on EBay between the fees , No recourse for dead beat buyers being approiate feedback , and the lack of ease to use the site as a seller .( Ebay Auction takes at least 20 mins to post well because you have to describe everything) Facebook takes me 3 to 5 mins . I don’t know what the answer is but the market place has totally changed . And yes I don’t like the fixed price change either.

Last edited:
Another ebay treasure that is lost, for me at least, is feedback from buyers.

You get your fees discounted for being a 5 star rated seller, however when 95% of the buyers don't leave feedback anymore, you can't keep the 5 star rating, and fees and shipping costs are more expensive, which sucks on my end.

In the last 6 months, I have had 1 buyer leave feedback. My sold versus feedback received on buyers is over 1000 behind, overall I have left 1732 feedback for buyers and received 926.

oh well, at least I am still at 100% positive.

Ebay did me good today. I just recieved my first negative comment that ruined my own 100% rating. The buyers feedback comment said "The Item was never recieved", even though tracking indicated it was delivered on Saturday and said left with recipient.

Out of curiosity I next clicked on the buyers feedback he has left for other sellers, and to my surprise the fool has left the same comment to 8 different sellers in the last week.

I then called e-bay to point this activity out to them, and they instantly removed the comment and restored my rating, They said there will be repercussions for the buyer, and I have nothing to worry about.

Hopefully I stopped someones free online buying spree. I would post his name and address here but I do not know if it is legal. I will however send a pm to anyone who is interested in this information. The scammer lives in Trenton, New Jersey,

At least one of the sellers already commented he was refunded.

I can at least give one thumbs up tp ebay for this. as the other 7 sellers that were taken advantage of still have a negative comment they do not deserve that states: "The Item Was never recieved".
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:

Update: Out of the orriginal 8. One more seller also got the comment removed as did I, so the count is now down to 6.

Another seller responded with this comment:
  • Reply by xxxxxxxxx (Apr-08-19 14:15:(
    Item Tracking information Clearly shows Delivery on April 6 th !
I wish I could contact these other sellers myself to tell them, but I'm not sure what ebays policies are on that, and do not want to put my own account in jepardy. As it stands now a few hours later the buyer is sttill a active e-bay member.

Last edited:
Back