When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

has anyone found a good color match for pre war DARK RED

-

Brutuskend

I live for the CABE
Of course I don't know if the paint was that dark back in the 30's when it was sprayed, but it looks like the motobike I just got is the dark red I have seen on so many old schwinn bikes. I also have one of the first year locking truss rod forks and it has the same dark red paint as well. I'm going to try and salvage the original paint on the bike if I can, but the fork will need a repaint. I would like to find a good color match. Colonial red is too light. Anyone found a good matching paint for these old red schwinn's?

Ford, Dark Canyon Red. Duplicolor sells it in cans, over a red oxide primer it is very very close to the original color. Had a hard time finding it in the local auto parts store but Amazon sells a 6 pack of cans for a reasonable cost.

Ford, Dark Canyon Red. Duplicolor sells it in cans, over a red oxide primer it is very very close to the original color. Had a hard time finding it in the local auto parts store but Amazon sells a 6 pack of cans for a reasonable cost.
Thanks!

Internet color sample.....Dark Canyon Red

1565758849355.png

Last edited:
Back