When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone heard of a "PANSY" bike company ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
C

clark

I got this bike into the shop and would like to know if anyone knows any thing? Pansy was a cycle company here in Denver. I have more pict's available.

Attachments

• old blue frame 003.jpg
    old blue frame 003.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 79
  • old blue and recumbent 004.jpg
    old blue and recumbent 004.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 115
  • old blue headbadge 004.jpg
    old blue headbadge 004.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 111
  • old blue frame 001.jpg
    old blue frame 001.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 90
  • old blue crank 012.jpg
    old blue crank 012.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 82
It lookjs like a Schwinn built frame. That sprocket was only used on bikes made by the Cleveland Welding Co. as a skip tooth. (Monark's sprocket was very similar, but was only made as a standard 1/2" pitch, for the most part) But, parts are easily interchanged after all.

head badge?

The owner say's she thinks it is a Schwi.. it's the head badge the throws me. The rear hub is a Marrow dated 1934. So, Joe Blow, back in the '20's and
30"s bought frames from schwinn and morrow wheels and had headbadges made for his shop?

Attachments

• old blu and others 012.jpg
    old blu and others 012.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 85
It would be easy to tease about the name but that is one cool headbadge. It has a real 30s vibe to it, the letters look like african art influence of the time and maybe that is a volcano on there also.

Last edited:
Have you ridden your Pansy today?

Yes you could make a lot of jokes about the name, "PANSY", just hoping they were only on girlie bikes. But it has a "Morrow" hub, what a bitch to rebuild, I think the brake side bearring is shot, they should not fall out of the bearing holder thingy. All the others are in great shape. Ideas on a place for bearing (sic) would be greatful. Where do you see a volcano in the headbadge and who is patric?

Attachments

• old blu and others 009.jpg
    old blu and others 009.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 75
  • old blu and others 010.jpg
    old blu and others 010.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 64
  • old blu and others 011.jpg
    old blu and others 011.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 65
  • old blu and others 012.jpg
    old blu and others 012.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 73
  • old blu and others 001.jpg
    old blu and others 001.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 68
definately looks like a schwinn not sure about the sprocket though seems to be changed out at one point possibly the shop it was sold out of changed it.

I circled what I think looks like a volcano. As for the bearing, if the ball bearings are falling out of the cage, you can squeeze the cage together a little in between each ball to hold them in better. Just be not to squeeze too much, ensure there is room for them to individually spin freely.

Attachments

• pansybadge.jpg
    pansybadge.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 68
Or just get rid of the cage completely- just fill the race completely with the same size ball bearings, then take one out. Then re-assemble as usual. There also may be a modern caged bearing you could replace it with, but I've taken apart ONE Morrow hub.

Back