When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone rewired an old lamp body for LEDs?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nycet3

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have a pretty beat Miller lamp body I'm thinking of rebuilding using LEDs. Have seen a few clips on the internet. Has anyone here done it? Would be into seeing some photos. Thanks

I've done three so far, under Cyclesavage's guidance. 9V system, able to get everything into the housings & they work great.

DSC01648.JPG

I did a Miller some time back, came out really nice...super easy, then I hit a huge bump...the bezel fell off and I ran the lens over (UGGGHHHH). I think the Miller rebelled on me. My own fault for not checking the bezel attachment prior to the ride. Live and learn...then get another miller lens and do it again....(or pay Mike J to do it for you lol)

you can just change out the bulb to a screw in A10 LED, some just posted yesterday the bulb to use.

I used to make custom 40 lumen bulbs for this exact use. Now they are more readily available.

Note that a 9V will only last so long.

That is why most all flashlights use D cells.

Done it quite a few times different designed all's kinds of lights same out come it just works... if anyone runs into a problem just it me up always willing to help out a fellow CABER.

Yes- I put one of those high power, multi-beam cree lights specifically made as a commuter bicycle headlight into a 1950s-60s era Miller shell. I soldered the LED to a basic 2-position toggle switch, then I modified the dish to take the guts of the cree light and used epoxy to secure the light into the dish. I then removed the generator terminal on the shell and put the toggle into the hole where the generator terminal was. I also opened a hole on the floor of the shell to hold the head for the recharger cable leading into the cree.

Output is 3 beams with about 1,400 lumens on high. Battery pack velcro straps to the stem. When not in use, the battery pack can be removed and put in the saddle bag. You get three beam choices plus an hazard flasher. It is very, very bright on high.

https://bikeshedva.blogspot.com/2014/06/retro-bicycle-led-headlight-construction.html

20140620_191237.jpg

20140620_191803.jpg

20140620_195711.jpg

Yes- I put one of those high power, multi-beam cree lights specifically made as a commuter bicycle headlight into a 1950s-60s era Miller shell. I soldered the LED to a basic 2-position toggle switch, then I modified the dish to take the guts of the cree light and used epoxy to secure the light into the dish. I then removed the generator terminal on the shell and put the toggle into the hole where the generator terminal was. I also opened a hole on the floor of the shell to hold the head for the recharger cable leading into the cree.

Output is 3 beams with about 1,400 lumens on high. Battery pack velcro straps to the stem. When not in use, the battery pack can be removed and put in the saddle bag. You get three beam choices plus an hazard flasher. It is very, very bright on high.

https://bikeshedva.blogspot.com/2014/06/retro-bicycle-led-headlight-construction.html

20140620_191237.jpg

20140620_191803.jpg

20140620_195711.jpg
that's sweet I like that a lot

Back