When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone seen a bike light with this mount? Is it a bike light?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

gkeep

I live for the CABE
Hi All,

Found this light last Friday and it seems like it might have been a bike light. If not it sure has potential to become one with a little help. I was wondering if all the great minds here have seen anything similar. I think in one of the threads on adding LED's to vintage lights there is a similiar light but different mount. The nice thing is the pile of old basement/garage/shed clean out shtuff included a nice strand of old wrapped wire too! Thanks for any and all information!
Gary

Created this bicycle for my buddy and had the light (originally for auto} so came up with this bracket system. Has set screw to remove light, sorry for the bad photo, I'll look for a better one or have him snap a shot.
Cliff

Thanks for the replies. I've been poking around in online catalogs from the 20s looking for a light with a bracket like this. Clearly the same one you have Cliff. One of my coworkers had a couple 20s-30s shop work lights with similar brackets but they have a universal joint of sorts for turning the light. I'm going to do some more looking and focus on shop, car repair catalog pages.
That's a nice setup, from the photos I think your in the photos of a motorbike gathering/car show in SoCal? Great looking bike and elegant bracket solution, nice industrial period look.

Finding this stuff at work and keeping it from becoming scrap metal or landfill is only part of the fun of my job. Learning about the odd bits of history I rescue makes it endlessly interesting. What will I do when I retire this year...no more random free old bike stuff.o_O

Created this bicycle for my buddy and had the light (originally for auto} so came up with this bracket system. Has set screw to remove light, sorry for the bad photo, I'll look for a better one or have him snap a shot.
Cliff

But it looks just right on that bike! Not RAT but something that could have been done back then.

This looks similar to the light I have, Kaufman Silverbeam Motorcycle Electric Headlamp in the 1920 Montgomery Ward catalog. Interesting that the motorcycle light is $6.55 but a light just like it in the 1916 catalog to use on a buggy is only $2.05 and one with battery pack for bikes in the 1916 catalog is only $1.50. Even in the early days motorcycle stuff was pricey!

And there is one for sale on Ebay in Portland for 20 bucks! Also missing the bracket. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=312956393580.
1579749182580.png

Last edited:
From what I have been able to tell, a lot of these early electric bicycle headlights and early automobile cowl lights, like what you appear to have, are pretty much one in the same. The only difference being the mounting bracket. They appear to be identical in their wiring and other components otherwise. Those folks in the above posts have some good looking and promising solutions!

Back