When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

has anyone seen a majestic head badge used this late

-

kos22us

Wore out three sets of tires already!
of course i am aware of all the different head badges used on schwinn up to the early 50's but has anyone ever seen this particular majestic head badge being used this late, generally around this time period its either schwinn or bf goodrich, any thoughts or input ???

thumbnail.jpg

of course i am aware of all the different head badges used on schwinn up to the early 50's but has anyone ever seen this particular majestic head badge being used this late, generally around this time period its either schwinn or bf goodrich, any thoughts or input ???

Looks like ya got a 59 Phantom, but nope. Plus, I've never even seen that badge too.

I've looked at hundreds (maybe thousands) of badges, but this first time I've seen that one. Pretty cool man! Barry

Last edited:
That has to be a custom made piece by that Cabe member in Puerto Rico?.. If it was a real Schwinn badge stamped Majestic, I think it would've been done earlier in brass. Not many other non Schwinn stamped aluminum badges that I know of were used other than Goodrich and Spitfire.

That has to be a custom made piece by that Cabe member in Puerto Rico?.. If it was a real Schwinn badge stamped Majestic, I think it would've been done earlier in brass. Not many other non Schwinn stamped aluminum badges that I know of were used other than Goodrich and Spitfire.
You stumped me for a minute, I remember seeing a few badges used up into the sixties on Schwinn bikes. I can't find any of them other than this one, Ive seen them on 1960's Corvettes. I'll keep looking through my photos and see what I can find. Barry

Mr. bicycle.jpg

You stumped me for a minute, I remember seeing a few badges used up into the sixties on Schwinn bikes. I can't find any of them other than this one, Ive seen them on 1960's Corvettes. I'll keep looking through my photos and see what I can find. Barry

Hacks and the others during this time had their badges made and they were not installed by Schwinn, nor do they have Schwinn, Schwinn Built or AS & Co Chicago Illinois on them. The old Cadillac, Excelsior, Admiral badges among others were made and installed by Schwinn and were brass right?

What I'm getting at is badges like this were made and installed by Schwinn, not by a department or hardware stores that had nothing on their badges related to Schwinn.

I don't know the OPs badge sure looks like an original badge to me. Its embossed in the font I would expect to see from a period Schwinn product and does not look like a custom piece to me. V/r Shawn

Back