When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hats Off To the Wald Co.

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Wald has been making bicycle parts since 1905. That's quite an accomplishment for a company today. Memory Lane was the last big supplier of Wald products for the vintage bikes. Every so often Wald would ship a couple massive boxes of handle bars to them. For 15 bucks one could buy a pair of Texas Longhorn bars for their old ballooner, and as the Memory Lane catalog stated, " You can't chrome for these prices."
Wald even made parts for Schwinn. HATS OFF TO WALD! Thanks for 113 years of service!

Well Said,,I am with you on that!!!And the six or seven ,,other U S Companies that made our hobby this fun,,DELTA,,EA LAB..,,PERSONS,,SEISS,,TORRINGTON,,,STEWART WARNER,,,,,, MILLER,,
,,,McCAULEY, MAJESTIC,, and thats not even getting to the GREAT U S COMPANIES that made the saddles we sit on,the chains that drive us ,,driving the hubs,, that make our ride easy!!
Wald is one of my favorites
THANKS TINKER ,,FOR BRINGING THAT UP
OH YEAH,, The company that came up with the adjustable wrench,,and screwdriver,,the only tools ya needed back then

Last edited:
I needed a fender reflector for my 1918 Harley Davidson, so I bought a nice faceted Persons Majestic.
But, the seller accidentally sent it to the wrong guy.
He said that he inadvertently sent me the Wald reflector that he had bought, but that he was ok with the Persons, if I was ok with the Wald.
I really wanted the Persons, but didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to correct the mistake, so I accepted the Wald.
When it arrived, I flipped it over to see the script, and was puzzled that it said Wald Mfg.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
I've always seen that ever present, Maysville, Kentucky script on the Wald products, so I was perplexed.
I did a Google search, and found out, that Wald Mfg. was founded in Sheboygan, and moved to Maysville in 1923.
I've always liked the word serendipitous.
Well, having a Sheboygan made Wald reflector, accidentally sent, for a 1918 Harley Davidson bicycle was serendipitous to say the least.
Three cheers to Wald!

Last edited:
image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

Source: www.nkyviews.com and google
Wald parts catalog pdf: https://www.waldllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/CATALOG.pdf

Last edited:
Gotta love the Wald Company. Still making parts that keep our treasures running.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back