When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hauled a few cobbled bikes today. Can't decide on what is worth keeping.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I am not a repaint guy. I tend to broom the repaints, the ladies bikes and the light weights no matter how cool they are. I have some research to do on what is correct and exactly what I have here. I am bummed that the frame on the Prewar is repainted to match the wrong tank... tank is late 50s I think. Does that fender have a hole for a fender bomb?

Some cool stuff from today:

I hate to burst your bubble, but the one you think is prewar, is actually post war. (and so is the second one)

If Schwinncruisers.com is to be trusted the Panther is a 50 and the Red one is a 51. I cant seem to find catalog pics of a braced truss fork on a 51. I see them on the 48's.

Panther G269370

Red H066075

Jim

I have the dark green paint already. I can save the guard, fork and the frame paint as it is actually pretty good. I need to find out if the fenders get paint or chrome. The rack is an easy paint, but I think it is the 9 hole and not the older one (will keep searching). I need to find a source for the light green.

Man.

I promised myself I would NOT paint any more bikes. I wonder if I can find an original two tone green tank...

Reactions: JLF
The red one has conflicting decals on the frame and tank. The frame decal looks like it has decals for a middleweight whereas the tank has balloon style decals. No way it's factory with 'Schwinn' on both the tank and the frame in two different colors.

In the era, a Panther would have had the springer fork, chrome rims, and chrome fenders, but it would also have chrome on the tank.

01313_dUFcob5wx2s_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Back