When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have serial number. Looking for MODEL NUMBER for '73 Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Moniotte

On Training Wheels
Hello, I am the original owner of a 1973 Schwinn. The Serial number is LJ526262. I now know that it was made in Chicago in November of '73 from an app that I found online which looks up Schwinn Serial numbers.
I received the bike as a Christmas gift when I was 13. I road it around a bit for about a year or so, and then not much until my senior year of high school when I rode it a bit more. I had an odometer in it at the time. My current roommate recently took it off the bike when I decided I wanted to start riding again after 45 or so years.... it had just hung out in the attic all this time! I think when I looked at the odometer the last time before he took it off, I'm sad to say it only had around 300 miles on it.... Not good for a 45 year run!
So, we took it down, and since my roommate is a bicyclist and knows some basics about repair, he got new inner tubes, got the brakes and the chains all cleaned up, and I started taking her out for rides. Turns out, she's a great bike! I live in Roswell GA, with plenty of parks and Greenways and lots of place to ride, and have really been enjoying it.
But, the shame is, I'm not sure about the model number. I remember it had 27" tires, and was a men's extra large frame. I know that is weird for a girl, but I've always had really had really long legs. But, from what I can figure out, it is definitely the Sienna Brown color, was made in 1973, has the high rise handlebars, and the soft seat. I'm not positive but I think it is a Suburban.
But, I'd really like to know for sure. So, I've been searching all over the internet, and while I have found lots of places that will tell you where to find the serial number, I haven't found even one yet that tells you how to find the model number.
I'm thinking it must be either a model 622 or a 624, which would make it either a Suburban 22" or 24" frame based upon a copy of an original Schwinn catalog I found online. Now, since I remember my parents telling me, and then confirming with the Schwinn store, that it was a men's XL, I'm fairly certain that it is the 624. But, i would like a way to confirm that this is indeed that particular make and model of bike.
Tomorrow I can take some pictures of the bike and put them up on here to help with the identification. But, I went ahead and put this information up first so that I might learn which part of the bike might have the model number imprinted on it, then I can definitely post a picture if that part of the bike to help in the brand and model and type identification.
Thank you all so much in advance for even taking the timer to read this!!! You are great whoever you are!

Schwinn didn't put model numbers on the bikes. Is it a 3 speed, 5 speed or 10 speed? If it has a chainguard,you might be able to see the ghost of a decal. Get some pics posted.

Hello, I am the original owner of a 1973 Schwinn. The Serial number is LJ526262. I now know that it was made in Chicago in November of '73 from an app that I found online which looks up Schwinn Serial numbers.
I received the bike as a Christmas gift when I was 13. I road it around a bit for about a year or so, and then not much until my senior year of high school when I rode it a bit more. I had an odometer in it at the time. My current roommate recently took it off the bike when I decided I wanted to start riding again after 45 or so years.... it had just hung out in the attic all this time! I think when I looked at the odometer the last time before he took it off, I'm sad to say it only had around 300 miles on it.... Not good for a 45 year run!
So, we took it down, and since my roommate is a bicyclist and knows some basics about repair, he got new inner tubes, got the brakes and the chains all cleaned up, and I started taking her out for rides. Turns out, she's a great bike! I live in Roswell GA, with plenty of parks and Greenways and lots of place to ride, and have really been enjoying it.
But, the shame is, I'm not sure about the model number. I remember it had 27" tires, and was a men's extra large frame. I know that is weird for a girl, but I've always had really had really long legs. But, from what I can figure out, it is definitely the Sienna Brown color, was made in 1973, has the high rise handlebars, and the soft seat. I'm not positive but I think it is a Suburban.
But, I'd really like to know for sure. So, I've been searching all over the internet, and while I have found lots of places that will tell you where to find the serial number, I haven't found even one yet that tells you how to find the model number.
I'm thinking it must be either a model 622 or a 624, which would make it either a Suburban 22" or 24" frame based upon a copy of an original Schwinn catalog I found online. Now, since I remember my parents telling me, and then confirming with the Schwinn store, that it was a men's XL, I'm fairly certain that it is the 624. But, i would like a way to confirm that this is indeed that particular make and model of bike.
Tomorrow I can take some pictures of the bike and put them up on here to help with the identification. But, I went ahead and put this information up first so that I might learn which part of the bike might have the model number imprinted on it, then I can definitely post a picture if that part of the bike to help in the brand and model and type identification.
Thank you all so much in advance for even taking the timer to read this!!! You are great whoever you are!

A picture is worth a thousand words!

Back