Have this Elgin and think I want to sell, any offers?

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tailhole

I live for the CABE
Dec 26, 2010
Lakewood, CO
Hey training wheels, typically posting a bike w/o a price is frowned on here. Might wanna come up with a ballpark price & your location. Welcome to The CABE.

derkins555

On Training Wheels
Sep 21, 2012
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP NEW JERSEY
Thanks man,,I'll do that. I just don't know what its worth. I've done a bit of research and really have nothing to base a price on. Any Idea's? I'm a freehand carved tobacco pipe maker, not a bike dude.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

tailhole

I live for the CABE
Dec 26, 2010
Lakewood, CO
I'm not sure, I'm not an Elgin guy. You might try posting this questions & the photos in another part of this site. Lots of friendly, helpful experts on here will help ya out. I'd like to see those pipes. I build wood furniture.
-Scott

scrubbinrims

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sep 2, 2010
4900 New Kent Rd, Richmond, VA 23225, USA
Looks like a 37 with that badge and radius fenders.
Very rough, but a good restoration project because it is all there except the dropstand and of course, the seat cover.
This model never had a tank or rack and was an entry level bicycle and the last of it's motorbike kind...appealing with that look, yet with balloon tires, easy to get back on the road.
Price would be between 200-300 at a swap, depending on how the bars cleaned up.
Chris

derkins555

On Training Wheels
Sep 21, 2012
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP NEW JERSEY
Thanks for the info. the stand on this is original. I'll have to take more photos today and maybe get more info on it. I may take 3 4 hundr. for it.
Here are some pipe pics you requested. all freehand.
th_DSC_0250_zps798a941e.jpg
th_DSC_0239_zps82fa8989.jpg
t10066.jpg

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
I think $200 is a fair price for the bike. I don't think you are being low balled here-this is an entry level, basic model--I'm not seeing $3-400. V/r Shawn

scrubbinrims

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sep 2, 2010
4900 New Kent Rd, Richmond, VA 23225, USA
If you look at the end of the rear fender, there is a dropstand clip to catch and hold a dropstand.
You cannot always make the assumption that by having dropstand ears in the rear dropout that it had a stand, but if there is a clip, it's there for a reason.
Neat pipes.
Chris

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This ad goes away when you register for an account!