When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you seen rear dropouts like this before?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Leadheavy52

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I know the picture is sort of blurry. I am supposed to go look at this bike later today and potentially purchase it for $60. The gentleman on the phone said something about it being a 1947 Schwinn something-rather. I does have the lines, but the dropouts are like nothing I have seen before. Are these aftermarket and welded on or are factory? I don't think it is a Schwinn per se, but I can't put my finger on what the heck it may be. Thanks in advance!

- Austin

Thanks, bicycle. That's what my plan is. Too many unknowns and mixed up parts. Plus, the whole thing just doesn't look quite right. I'm always down for a good project, but can put the $$ toward one of my current projects. Perhaps 1/5 of the cost of a Pierce Chain ring and three-piece cranks. LOL

I know the picture is sort of blurry. I am supposed to go look at this bike later today and potentially purchase it for $60. The gentleman on the phone said something about it being a 1947 Schwinn something-rather. I does have the lines, but the dropouts are like nothing I have seen before. Are these aftermarket and welded on or are factory? I don't think it is a Schwinn per se, but I can't put my finger on what the heck it may be. Thanks in advance!

- AustinView attachment 1099270

I believe that's a AMF bicycle sold at K-mart, late 60's or early 70's

Back