When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Haven't seen one like this. JC Higgins SN - How do I decode?

-
writing as tips to others, white vinegar, tin foil, Mr clean sponges seems to be great on rust. WD-40 for most old grease, then sparing upgrade to citrus degreaser, and most sparingly, lighter fluid for stickers and bad paint touchups. Anyone use other stuff?

08E6FF83-DA4B-4AD5-98E3-38F5765D161E.jpeg

DC9E8E9D-2F12-4145-B364-CAD5AA526C6B.jpeg

5C970F93-9220-4CBD-96A1-CC5622D14B69.jpeg

So my question now is do I restore it with the mods as those are from the same period, ... or do I put it back where there seems to be a lot of stock bikes.
Grasshopper:
That is the question without an answer that members of this forum use when we meditate. It is a koan that demonstrates the inadequacy of logical reasoning and provokes enlightenment.

If it is indeed a 24-incher, it might be cool to keep it as an adult-sized muscle bike. Have fun!

So its a couple of months later, and I guess my parts bike got turned into a project as well.... Which is the catalog id?

IMG_3556.jpg

@HEMI426 Flightliners did not have the plastic shroud on the chain ring. That started when Sears quit selling the bike as a JC Higgins Flightliner and started selling the bike as a Sears Spaceliner with the 1964 models.

Back