When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Having issues researching 2 Murray Bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SpecimenJe

On Training Wheels
My husband and I own a small junknown hauling business which sometimes leads to our acquiring different items one or the other of us is capable of restoring and/or selling later on. Among other items I stockpile any bikes and bike parts that come through our business and periodically sell or give them away, though I have been intending to tackle the project of working on the number I currently have and keeping those we like in the family whIle selling the rest. The time has finally come and my first step has been to identify them all, price them, and then make further plans for each. Pretty straightforward. That is, until i started looking into two of the schwinns (since identified) and two burgundy murray bikes which arrived in my side yard from and elderly couples house cleanout. They are interesting looking bikes matching in color n chrome, but not model. I have read through some of the forums here and 1 of them seems to be from possibly 1945. The serial? # on it is J0064304. The other one is M0K8809300. I will add some pics if needed later on, but have no good cam right this moment. Can anyone help me identify these two bikes, let me know a ballpark value or aNY important information regarding them if possible? I would greatly appreciate any help from anyone informed to any level of expertise or experience. Thank you!

We will need to see pics
No problem at all, I thought that might be the case when I was scrolling through the myriad images that have come up through google and other sites while I have been floundering around trying to find out what I am dealing with. I will try and use a good work light and get some clear images of them shortly, though if they are not good enough to show whatever important details might be needed due to time of night, I will make certain to put some up in the light of day tomorrow. I have found various images that are reminiscent of them in some ways, like handle bar shape/type/?? but have yet to find any images that I can pinpoint as being definitively right or even logically assumed to be closley related.

Yes, " A picture is worth a thousand words". A couple of decent photos with the numbers you've given. You will get a wealth of information from this site. There is a lot of expertise & experience at your disposal. Welcome to the Cabe.

Yes, " A picture is worth a thousand words". A couple of decent photos with the numbers you've given. You will get a wealth of information from this site. There is a lot of expertise & experience at your disposal. Welcome to the Cabe.
Thank you very much, Mike J. I am heading down now to see if I'll be able to snap a few pics or if it will be better left for morning and natural light. :)

My husband and I own a small junknown hauling business which sometimes leads to our acquiring different items one or the other of us is capable of restoring and/or selling later on. Among other items I stockpile any bikes and bike parts that come through our business and periodically sell or give them away, though I have been intending to tackle the project of working on the number I currently have and keeping those we like in the family whIle selling the rest. The time has finally come and my first step has been to identify them all, price them, and then make further plans for each. Pretty straightforward. That is, until i started looking into two of the schwinns (since identified) and two burgundy murray bikes which arrived in my side yard from and elderly couples house cleanout. They are interesting looking bikes matching in color n chrome, but not model. I have read through some of the forums here and 1 of them seems to be from possibly 1945. The serial? # on it is J0064304. The other one is M0K8809300. I will add some pics if needed later on, but have no good cam right this moment. Can anyone help me identify these two bikes, let me know a ballpark value or aNY important information regarding them if possible? I would greatly appreciate any help from anyone informed to any level of expertise or experience. Thank you!
Will post better ones tomorrow

2020-11-03 21.10.40.jpg

2020-11-03 21.13.33.jpg

2020-11-03 21.12.43.jpg

2020-11-03 21.14.42.jpg

These are both relatively modern box store bikes. As such they aren't collectible and I would say $25 for the girls and maybe $40 for the boys retail. V/r Shawn

These are both relatively modern box store bikes. As such they aren't collectible and I would say $25 for the girls and maybe $40 for the boys retail. V/r Shawn
Thank you! Jeez it is difficult getting a solid answer on this brand even with the numbers. With the schwinns bikes once I found out where the numbers were paired with a straightforward googling of where would identify them, it took no time at all. One is unremarkable, the other is a 64 Chicago schwinn somewhere under decades of stickers, lol. Other than you guys in the forums on this site I couldn't find anything on these anywhere!

Even with Schwinn stuff this new it is all made overseas so there generally isn't a lot of collector interest. V/r Shawn

Back