When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthone Bike Identification Help?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Yavin

On Training Wheels
Hello folks. New to the page. My neighbor gave this bike to my 12 year old son to sell to for helping him with some house work. My son wants to sell it to raise money for a project he is wanting to take on. It is a Hawthorne I know, but I am having problems finding one that matches this one in particular. It is in nice shape with some minor surface rust.

Anyone have any ideas about model info/age/value? We know nothing about vintage bikes and I have no idea where or at what price to list it for sale.

hawthorne6.jpg

hawthorne1.jpg

hawthorne2.jpg

hawthorne3.jpg

hawthorne4.jpg

hawthorne5.jpg

hawthorne7.jpg

Nice bike.
Looks like a 24"-wheel girls bike built by Snyder in the late 1950's or early 1960's.
The serial numbers may yield the date.

And welcome to the CABE.

Is the serial number on the left side rear fork end;
and is it also stamped with a circled-"SE" (for Snyder Enterprises)?

Then one might double-check the bottom for a lightly stamped date-place code, such as 55EH or similar.

Last edited:
Yes, left side of the rear wheel where wheel bolts on to the frame. I don't see the SE.

Back