When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorn trail blazer

-

JRE

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I'm picking up a hawthorn trail blazer on Friday and I'm looking for some pictures of other bikes to see what I'm missing or is incorrect on mine. Thanks

Reactions: ian
Should determine the make, Snyder or Westfield; (not sure if CWC-built Trail Blazers were MW Hawthorne bicycles). Serial numbers should be stamped under the bottom bracket crank hanger.
https://thecabe.com/forum/search/?q=Hawthorne+Trail+Blazer
I have seen some earlier Snyder-built trail Blazer frames with peculiar looking joints at the head tube, seat tube mast, and chain stays. On the other hand, Snyder built trail Blazers appeared to be made in two sizes (check head tube).

Last edited:
Here’s one that belongs to a local friend and new member here. @Vintage urban rider

7DCE473C-81C0-4214-A586-21C361FB5710.jpeg

379EC6E0-6752-40E4-80A9-EE13418F881F.jpeg

7DC6F7BB-B472-46EA-95C8-9C9CDED01A6B.jpeg

3D515E29-F3DA-47B0-B8B2-0068BE5F60DD.jpeg

Nice project! As always those 28" clincher rims limit the tire choices. The Rubena Mistral 28x1 1/2 with no wire bead can be used for riders. The other choice is Vee Rubber 37x642 (28x1 3/8 tires). I recently searched and found a bike shop in Geelong Australia that will ship them. The shop I got mine from about 6 years ago, Moruya Cycles, in Australia doesn't seem to carry them anymore on their website. I've been searching for both these tires off and on since the pandemic started and everyone seems to be out of them. Check the Gormully and Jeffery clincher rim thread if you haven't already.

I got s set of those tyres just 2 weeks ago from France.(37 - 642 or 700A), they are the Vee Rubber brand, made in Vietnam.
They are available from one French Ebay seller, also an online bicycle shop based in France, and also online from Italy.

Here are some links to the sellers.
French Ebay.....

French bicycle shop.....

Italian bicycle shop.....

...I purchased mine from the French Ebay seller. I placed them on my "watching" list and within 48 hours I was offered a 25% discount on the listed price. I queried the shipping costs and also received a discount on this. Worth considering.

Back