When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne 24T Skiptooth chainwheel, crank, pedals, bottom bracket cup set & bearings

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kate kadri

On Training Wheels
I posted these items on ebay before I realized that this was a better spot to list them. I also did not choose a very searchable title -- so the current bid is only .99 cents and it is a no reserve auction that will end August 25. If you search ebay for "24T skiptooth chainwheel" it should bring you to the listing -- it is ebay item 251131841357. The auction is for a front chainwheel, a one-piece Ashtabula crank with bearings and bottom bracket cup set, and a pair of pedals.

You can also see the bicycle I removed them from -- a "steer from the rear" Mead Pathfinder "lady in front" Tandem bicycle that was manufactured for Mead by Colson in the 1930s. The crank and sprocket I am selling were not the original parts for this tandem. I am searching for the "correct" Mead or Colson sprocket that is smaller, as well as a shorter crank.

I had been trying to determine where the chainwheel that I am selling came from. Best I can figure -- based on images from the Bike Works NYC Chainring Archive -- I think the chainwheel was produced by the D.P.Harris hardware & Manufacturing Co, which was founded in 1895. The company manufactured various parts and also distributed products from other manufacturers in the bicycle industry. Harris owned several different bicycle brand names including Rollfast and Hawthorne.

The fact that it is a 1" pitch skiptooth sprocket or chainwheel makes me guess that these parts came from something D.P. Harris & Co. produced prior to the mid 1950s -- If anyone can key out the precise bicycle model or models it may have come from originally, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

The crank is a one-piece Ashtabula style -- the spindle and crank arms are a single piece. They will fit most American sized ("Pro size") frames and bottom brackets. I'm hoping these parts find a home with someone who can use them. I'd love to hear from anyone who has a smaller crank and chainwheel that will fit a Colson Tandem

Attachments

• P1060226.jpg
    P1060226.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 81
  • P1060289.jpg
    P1060289.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 51
  • P1060240.jpg
    P1060240.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 62
  • P1060239.jpg
    P1060239.jpg