When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne bicycle to sell

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tschleif

On Training Wheels
I inherited this old bike. I am thinking of selling it. I'm wondering what you all would think was a fair price. I cannot find a serial number on it.

Resized_20211010_161159.jpg

Looks like a 1950’s CWC-built motorbike for Montgomery Ward Hawthorne bicycle product line.
Serial numbers would be on the bottom bracket crank hanger; and CWC serial numbers can be deciphered on this site. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/cleveland-welding-s-n-project-see-page-58-post-576-for-chart.2705/
Looks fairly complete, with tall tank and head light, rear carrier rack and chain guard; should clean up fairly nice.

I remember one seller, once selling the same tank — one half at a time!

One may start high on price and reduce it later, (time permitting); but recommend not doing the novice mistake of listing the whole bicycle for a price that is equal to the sum of all the piece parts.

Just for market research, one might look for prices of replacement head light, and the tall tank with MW Hawthorne marking.

So one minimum price might be for more than the value of the most expensive part (or accessory).

Last edited:
Back