When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne Deluxe found in barn---help me please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Misswright

On Training Wheels
Hello all!

Found this gem in an old barn. Any ideas regarding age, value, what I should do with this bad boy?

Any information would be appreciated--just wondering if it is of any value or if I should turn it into lawn decoration.

What I know:

Hawthorne Deluxe- original paint visible- red, black, brown.
Model number: 235692
Wheels: 28 inches, wooden rim

Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 324
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 333
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 319
Hawthorne

What to do with this bad boy, you should just send it my way. And welcome to the site.

Definitely has value. Would be expensive to fix it, but if you part it out, you could get some good money to buy yourself a nice rider. Probably $600-$800 in parts.

Get a better photo of the neck to see if it's Deco.

Definitely not a "Yard Ornament". It is a nice original paint bike. Don't do anything to it, don't remove the old rotted tires, they have value to a collector. Best to put it up for sale on ebay.

image.jpg
Sorry- don't know why the pics are upside down. Here's a better one of the emblem since it was mentioned.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, that is a Schwinn built Hawthorne DeLuxe.

Late teens to late twenties would be my guess. If Schwinn, the serial # could help narrow it down.

Definitely has some value as the paint is awesome for the age. Do the tires have any of the brand/markings?

Similar to this one:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tires are destroyed. The only number visible is on the bottom of the pedal thing- 235692. Y'all are awesome. Such an amazing resource. So glad I didn't take a can of spray paint to it this afternoon as I had planned.

Back