When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne Duralium Year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jeb

On Training Wheels
New to the Cabe and have a Hawthorne Duralium (at least that as best as I can tell). I'm looking for some more insight and would love some feedback. Serial number is 5664 (see photos); lugs have windows; split tooth crankset. I'm curious to know what year this bike was built and any other history anyone can provide. Thanks! Eric
IMG_4789.JPG
IMG_4788.JPG

Gonna be either a '34 or '35 depending on some things... Better to post pictures of the entire bike, serial numbers don't really make sense for these. If it has 28 spoke hoops, hard rubber seat it would be a '34

Gonna be either a '34 or '35 depending on some things... Better to post pictures of the entire bike, serial numbers don't really make sense for these. If it has 28 spoke hoops, hard rubber seat it would be a '34
I thought window lugs meant it was a 35 and it was the first year production that's what I've been told by numerous people

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pretty sure they went back to '34. I also know of (and have owned) a few that have the delta silver ray with the screw in the back rather than the sides. I thought it was wrong, until I found others like it. I believe the '34 with the hard rubber seats and 28 spoke rims with the "automobile" version of the silver rays were the first gen ones. Could me wrong

I do have the truss rods...just didn't get them in the picture. Thanks for all the info!

Back