When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne Duralium

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think the front truss rods are supposed to be aluminum.

Not so... My friend's bike and another '35 sold here last year had steel/chrome truss rods... both with hawthorn [Montgomery Wards] badge. The "RUSTY" parts on this bike where all rusty on my friend's bike & the second one.
The fella in Toronto with a flo-cycle, this week, had most parts [if not all] alluminum; so, your belief may be true of many of the silver king products, but, not all, i.e. Hawthorn.

I have this same bike (kinda) a '35 Hawthorne and its pictured on Nostalgic Dave's where I noted the differences.
This bike is all original and windowed '35 frames came with these fenders, rain gutters, and the silver king only type rain gutters...hard to explain and they don't have a collectors slang name.
Bike has some good value and a speedo to boot and would look great at the bottom of your basement stairs.
Chris

I have this same bike (kinda) a '35 Hawthorne and its pictured on Nostalgic Dave's where I noted the differences.
This bike is all original and windowed '35 frames came with these fenders, rain gutters, and the silver king only type rain gutters...hard to explain and they don't have a collectors slang name.
Bike has some good value and a speedo to boot and would look great at the bottom of your basement stairs.
Chris

Haha... you must remember my post about bikes in the house. Problem is...I'm running out of bike nook space!

My friend Al's 1935 Hawthorn [M.W. badge]

Als no4.jpg

For your reference... not saying all 35's were the same... This is a 1935 Hawthorn Montgomery Wards badged bicycle... I really thot it had 26" wheels; but, I may have mis-spoken. Friend is now in FL for 6 mos.... In Central IL, chrome that has oxidized a half dozen years, seldom is rescued. Vinegar, 0000 steel wool, and rinse, polish... has helped me save a few.

Chrome was re-done on this unit; Steel parts sand-blasted and painted Al's choice of color. Aluminum polished, dolly and file work plus polish. Seat recovered by Al. The headlamp shell was all he ever had... he made a cap and lens...for now; on the lower tube - Head tube to BB - stains could be seen where battery tube once was. Pedals are NOT original.

Interesting enough, it doesn't have a Wards Hawthorne badge, but an actual Monark Silver King badge. And of course the seller hasn't gotten back to me in awhile so who knows if I'll end up with this one or not.

Back