When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne Duralium

-

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
It is a hawthorne right? With the window lugs... Not even sure if it's technically called a duralium or not. Any glaring issues with this one? I think it's a '35 with that chain guard. 24" wheels for sure, look like triple stepped wheels. I think it's supposed to have a battery tube for the fender light, but what about a rear rack? Thanks for any info!

SilverKing.jpg

SilverKing.jpg

It is a hawthorne right? With the window lugs... Not even sure if it's technically called a duralium or not. Any glaring issues with this one? I think it's a '35 with that chain guard. 24" wheels for sure, look like triple stepped wheels. I think it's supposed to have a battery tube for the fender light, but what about a rear rack? Thanks for any info!

View attachment 250234

Looks pretty OG to me. I believe 35 was the first and only year they used the window frames. I thought they also came with rain gutter fenders but I could be wrong. Should have a battery tube to power the light.

I was wondering about the fenders... Maybe a late '35 when some change over parts? I thought the '35 was supposed to have some sort of special half rain gutter, half round fenders. Although I think the head light would be missing if these weren't the correct fenders..hmm

1935 I believe is the first & only year with the windows .. Battery tube would be on this on the down tube

Your Fenders appear to be aluminum from the pics - which I have seen only a few with those fenders - correct or not I am not sure - but they look great on it

The rack is a later option

The fork will also be different than the later ones on the crown (top part) of the fork itself - well the ones I ve seen are Silverking badged too

Here is what I made from a frame & fork I had around a few years ... Built it for a RRB build off ... great rider

attachment.php

I'm leaning towards thinking the fenders are correct, especially if they are aluminum and they match the patina so well with the frame and the delta ray is still on there.

I value it around 6-800, am I off base with that?

View attachment 250234
photo (61).jpg

Ok has anyone seen the metal truss rods factory on a silver king?
I always thought all Silver Kings had aluminum truss rods.
But in the add it looks like it might have the metal truss rods.
JKent

Back