When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne identification help?

-

Bobberbrandon

On Training Wheels
IMG_3976.JPG
IMG_3977.JPG
IMG_4022.JPG
IMG_4024.JPG
IMG_4025.JPG
Hi I recently added a Montgomery ward Hawthorne to my collection and I looked all over this and other sites in search for clues to identify the year it was made but haven't had any luck yet so I was hoping someone here could help. I've seen similar bikes but not with the springer front end. I'll attach some photos. The serial number is 15EH.
Thanks!!

1951 Hawthorne American, Snyder built. Cool bike! :cool: This particular springer fork is very cool and unusual in design in a couple ways not least of which is it has both springer and truss rods.

1951 Hawthorne American, Snyder built. Cool bike! :cool: This particular springer fork is very cool and unusual in design in a couple ways not least of which is it has both springer and truss rods.
Thank you for the info! Any idea where I can find more info on this bike so I can make sure all the parts are right and what not? I want to get it back on the road but disturb as little as possible if it's originality.

Thanks again

Thank you for the info! Any idea where I can find more info on this bike so I can make sure all the parts are right and what not? I want to get it back on the road but disturb as little as possible if it's originality.

Thanks again
Was the springer front end an upgrade option or something? I'm still having a hard time finding ones from 51' that have the springer front end.
Thanks again for the help!

Back