When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne Junker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Some of these old boys ride hard, but not this Hawthorne. Easy pedaling and just a nice bike to ride. Bought this old timer in Chicago a few years ago. I think I have about 160 bucks in this bike. That's maybe two good dinners for the wife and I. Can't beat it. I'll take the bike over the chow..... Missing the headbadge, but there's a faint outline of a Hawthorne nameplate. Will not do anything to this bike, other than replace the badge. I have one ready to go.
IMG_2332.JPG
IMG_2330.JPG
IMG_2338.JPG
IMG_2336.JPG
IMG_2335.JPG
IMG_2333.JPG
IMG_2331.JPG
IMG_2334.JPG

This old wagon is kool. It's still solid, too bad it's setting outside to rot. It won't be long and it'll be termite food.

Installed the headbadge.
IMG_2347.JPG
Thinking of putting on this guard, but I don't know, really like the look of the bike without it .
IMG_2346.JPG
I remember my mom yelling at me when I was a kid for ruining my pants cuff, catching it in a greasy chain. I had lots of old junkers, just like this when I was a kid. Late 50's early 60's nobody wanted these old balloners, and in this condition they could be found on the curb for free on garbage night. What I would give to go back in time.........so many things I would grab.....oh yeah.....
Speaking of installing headbadges...Always place a tarp under your bike when putting one on. The screws or rivets drop, they bounce to who knows where and it's gone.
IMG_2348.JPG

That is one sharp ride, brother! Okay now , under the guidelines ,what do you classify it as. Sorry but "Junker" isn't one of them. You must choose -from "rat", "klunker,","bobber" ...LOL. JUST KIDDING. THAT ARGUMENT WILL GO ON FOREVER. Have fun with it!

Last edited:
1938 Snyder built frame - my FAV! Is that front end OG to the frame? I have a 37 & a 38, most likely end up with a 36 I'm sure. I have the same guard on my 37

I am not sure what category this bike would come under."FunBike" would be a good one. Yes I did change the fork. There was a pre-war girls Western Flyer at a swap for 60 bucks. It was rusty and beat, but for 60 it was worth it for the springer. It had a nice headbage on it so I took the springer off and sold the frame to another fellow for 10 bucks. There is red paint under the black. This was a sharp looking bike when new, definitely a survivor.

Installed the headbadge.View attachment 820241 Thinking of putting on this guard, but I don't know, really like the look of the bike without it .View attachment 820240 I remember my mom yelling at me when I was a kid for ruining my pants cuff, catching it in a greasy chain. I had lots of old junkers, just like this when I was a kid. Late 50's early 60's nobody wanted these old balloners, and in this condition they could be found on the curb for free on garbage night. What I would give to go back in time.........so many things I would grab.....oh yeah.....
Speaking of installing headbadges...Always place a tarp under your bike when putting one on. The screws or rivets drop, they bounce to who knows where and it's gone.View attachment 820242
I think it looks better without the chain guard..

In German, Junker [ yoo ng kuh r ] - "Country Squire" , a young member of the landowning aristocracy in Germany prior to the rise of the third Reich.

Not to be confused with Junkers, as in the Junkers Flugzeug und Motorenwerke AG aircraft company. The company was commonly known just as Junkers, which produced the infamous JU 87 Stuka

Back