When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne Ladies Bike ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Moms-Hobby

On Training Wheels
I live in an rural SE AZ area. Found this bike. Need assist in age and style ID please. # is D1678A8 or 9 with an SE in circle above. I've washed the dirt off. How can I polish the chrome fenders? What parts are missing? Value??
HawthorneBike.jpg
Thanks for help.

HawthorneBikeID.jpg

Looks like a 60's ladies middleweight. Looks pretty complete, but not much value. I'd put it between $50-100 depending on what bikes go for in your area. Why not fix it up & ride around town?

Thanks for the info. Town for us is 15 miles away. Dirt ranch roads and thorny mesquite bushes plus dodging rattlesnakes makes for interesting cardio on bikes. How do I clean the rust spots off the chrome. I want to shine it up for resale.

The "SE" may stand for Snyder Enterprises, who built bikes for Montgomery Ward for years.
Can you see a "M" and "W" on the front fork darts?
Start with soap and water, and maybe let the buyer decide how and what to do to her bike.
Worth a few onions more than broken pottery.

Montgomery Ward Hawthorne Deluxe girls; not Sears Spaceliner, not Western Auto Western Flyer.

Last edited:
No M or W on front fork. Front wheel has DUREX 58 Made in Germany. Rear wheel does have the old Montgomery Wards logo of MW (stacked on each other) and HAWTHORNE.
The rear of the seat reads: MESINGER Made in U.S.A.
Tried some super-fine steel wool and WD 40 on the rust. It's a pretty afternoon. I'm going to give it some TLC and enjoy shining it up. Would still like to know a Model name if anyone recognizes it. I've come up with two possibles:
1964 girls Spaceliner or 1960’s Hawthorne Western Flyer

Thanks guys for your previous info.

The "SE" may stand for Snyder Enterprises, who built bikes for Montgomery Ward for years.
Can you see a "M" and "W" on the front fork?
Start with soap and water, and maybe let the buyer decide how and what to do to her bike.
Worth a few onions more than broken pottery.
That's funny Archie: How'd you know we have a lot of broken pottery on our ranch?

Thanks for the info. Town for us is 15 miles away. Dirt ranch roads and thorny mesquite bushes plus dodging rattlesnakes makes for interesting cardio on bikes. How do I clean the rust spots off the chrome. I want to shine it up for resale.
I always use tin foil and water or wd-40 works well also. Good luck!

Back