When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne stem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tylerw

Finally riding a big boys bike
I tried everything to get this stem out of my son’s prewar Hawthorne to no avail. So I had to cut it out. I can’t seem to locate one so my last ditch effort is here. If I can’t find one I’ll put in another prewar stem. Anyone have one?
e9fb5098faae6d8c330307fecee1db7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried everything to get this stem out of my son’s prewar Hawthorne to no avail. So I had to cut it out. I can’t seem to locate one so my last ditch effort is here. If I can’t find one I’ll put in another prewar stem. Anyone have one?
View attachment 931063

Save the bolt, I located one.

Are you sure that's the correct stem for the bike? It doesn't look prewar to me. V/r Shawn

I’m not sure at all. Looks like probably not? I don’t know what would be correct I guess.

I have a crusty Hawthorne stem if you are looking for one to match the bike.

This was on a prewar Hawthorne I knocked in the head awhile back. I don't pretend to be an expert, so I don't know what makes/models it is 'correct' for. I do know that if you want it, you can pm me an address and I will mail it to you free of charge.

stem.JPG

This was on a prewar Hawthorne I knocked in the head awhile back. I don't pretend to be an expert, so I don't know what makes/models it is 'correct' for. I do know that if you want it, you can pm me an address and I will mail it to you free of charge.

View attachment 931089

Stem found!!! Thanks so much to danfitz1 !!!

This was on a prewar Hawthorne I knocked in the head awhile back. I don't pretend to be an expert, so I don't know what makes/models it is 'correct' for. I do know that if you want it, you can pm me an address and I will mail it to you free of charge.Thanks a million danfitz.

View attachment 931089
Could be a monark stem. I bought a 1950's super deluxe from the early 50's that had a similar stem on it that was broken on the bottom. It come with a 24" bike that i bought off of e-bay last year. Or it could also be from a columbia bike from the late 40"s. good luck. my address is mark reisen, 215 e river terrace, kiel wis. 53042.

Back