When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne Tank Bike ID?.....distressed re-paint?.....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Pretty sure it was made to look old. The decal on tank looks new.Looks really nice .One thing I wonder if the fork is not bent slightly.
The fork does look funky in those original photos so I went downstairs and took another photo and it is hard to tell if it is slightly bent back or not.....I think it looks straight....It rides clean...

With the drop curve chain stays and built-in drop stand ears, I am looking for a consensus on the year? So far it is '41 or earlier, but I am
hoping someone has some real evidence...I see another possible number starting with 04.. above the original serial number of #67510. I will check this out tomorrow.

Not really sure about Snyders #'s but Snyder built Hawthorns used CWC springers in 40 and don't think they came out with their own springer till late 40-41.

The 04 on the bottom bracket = 1940
With the drop curve chain stays and built-in drop stand ears, I am looking for a consensus on the year? So far it is '41 or earlier, but I am
hoping someone has some real evidence...I see another possible number starting with 04.. above the original serial number of #67510. I will check this out tomorrow.
View attachment 1515415

View attachment 1515417

Back