When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne Tank Bike ID?.....distressed re-paint?.....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
I was in a rush and did not put on glasses when I grabbed this Hawthorne this morning....it looks like a well done distressed restoration but maybe original wheels....Let me know what you think.....I was on low sleep as well....the fire department called at 3:47am to let me know they were in my business to reset the fire panel for the shopping center......the alarm touch screen panel has a crack in it so the only way to reset is with the key fob, which I have, so I had to head over there......my judgement has been off all day....

Last edited:
With the bent chain stays like CWC on a Snyder built Hawthorne, does that mean a one year (1941?) only thing?
Im pretty sure for a time the dropped stays were more of a Hawthorne(Wards) thing than anything else. Being Snyder built, there may be a date code stamped into the BB. Im seeing dropstand ears, so thinking earlier than '41.

Definitely some distressed repaint but were they matching any OG paint, seems like a odd color to pick for a complete distressed re-paint, anyone know the name of that color?, I have a Snyder built 41 AA that color but never seen it listed anywhere with Wards for boys but there's girls in Lakeland green?. as far as the dropped chain stays, mainly a CWC thing but thinkSnyder did it for uniformity for Hawthorn on a few of their models, Comet etc.

Pretty sure it was made to look old. The decal on tank looks new.Looks really nice .One thing I wonder if the fork is not bent slightly.

Last edited:
Back