When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne Tank Bike ID?.....distressed re-paint?.....

-

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
I was in a rush and did not put on glasses when I grabbed this Hawthorne this morning....it looks like a well done distressed restoration but maybe original wheels....Let me know what you think.....I was on low sleep as well....the fire department called at 3:47am to let me know they were in my business to reset the fire panel for the shopping center......the alarm touch screen panel has a crack in it so the only way to reset is with the key fob, which I have, so I had to head over there......my judgement has been off all day....

Last edited:
With the bent chain stays like CWC on a Snyder built Hawthorne, does that mean a one year (1941?) only thing?
Im pretty sure for a time the dropped stays were more of a Hawthorne(Wards) thing than anything else. Being Snyder built, there may be a date code stamped into the BB. Im seeing dropstand ears, so thinking earlier than '41.

Definitely some distressed repaint but were they matching any OG paint, seems like a odd color to pick for a complete distressed re-paint, anyone know the name of that color?, I have a Snyder built 41 AA that color but never seen it listed anywhere with Wards for boys but there's girls in Lakeland green?. as far as the dropped chain stays, mainly a CWC thing but thinkSnyder did it for uniformity for Hawthorn on a few of their models, Comet etc.

Pretty sure it was made to look old. The decal on tank looks new.Looks really nice .One thing I wonder if the fork is not bent slightly.

Last edited:
Back