When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawthorne?

-
Got the pics this time......

5D3BEFFB-B419-41C3-B401-431503AC27D8.jpeg

EF35DBBE-1F8C-44C8-AB25-032790B1C290.jpeg

0155BC7F-65D5-409A-9BA5-6E633BEE6871.jpeg

6F1187E8-8F56-440B-A79E-382D93CB7253.jpeg

D5F20EFA-1D22-4C94-8F22-A7C1A40B668E.jpeg

12626A99-E6E2-48FD-A078-740719CEF1C4.jpeg

F7BB9461-57EF-46CA-8F62-45786389C710.jpeg

The boys bike in the catalog has the same chain ring but not the girls. According to the catalog the badge changed after 46 to the later style. I always thought that blackout items were just war time, but the catalog shows the hubs as black out in 46. Maybe they had leftover that they decided to use up? When I tear into this bike I will do a more thorough search for the serial number.

Here is a 24" you can use as a comparative for your cool little bike. The one below is a Snyder: mostly correct-parts Hawthorne-badged bike that was heavily used on our family farm in the 60's house-painted yellow. Perhaps these 24" girls post war frames slightly changed year to year in design? Badge hole pattern could also have varied. Your frame has straight-ish seat stays and parallel bars along with a questionable fork. The chainstays-to-BB volcano attachment is also very different on the bottom of the frame as compared to the yellow 24" Snyder frame. The yellow one also matches to the tee the 46' girls 26" bike shown in the advertisement above. While the ads above is for 26"ers, it looks to be an exact match to my 24" Snyder bike below. Pic of seat-stay bridge? Edit: your bike looks to be not a 46' bike made by Snyder the more I look at it...Hmmmm......?????

Last edited:
Here is a 24" you can use as a comparative for your cool little bike. The one below is a Snyder: mostly correct-parts Hawthorne-badged bike that was heavily used on our family farm in the 60's house-painted yellow. Perhaps these 24" girls post war frames slightly changed year to year in design? Badge hole pattern could also have varied. Your frame has straight-ish seat stays and parallel bars along with a questionable fork. The chainstays-to-BB volcano attachment is also very different on the bottom of the frame as compared to the yellow 24" Snyder frame. The yellow one also matches to the tee the 46' girls 26" bike shown in the advertisement above. While the ads above is for 26"ers, it looks to be an exact match to my 24" Snyder bike below. Pic of seat-stay bridge? Edit: your bike looks to be not a 46' bike made by Snyder the more I look at it...Hmmmm......?????
View attachment 1153776
View attachment 1153777
View attachment 1153778
View attachment 1153864
I wish i had gotten notifications for these. My bike could be any of these. The problem i find is the badge is a verticle rivet and not horizontal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

View attachment 1153776
View attachment 1153777
View attachment 1153778
View attachment 1153864
I have done some research on the badges and all are horizontal

The differences between Snyder bicycles and CWC bikes is in the details; and then the smaller juvenile or youths bicycles are even more challenging.
The pictures and details of others bikes outnumber those that you have provided.
Maybe there are details that we are missing.

Last edited:
The differences between Snyder bicycles and CWC bikes is in the details; and then the smaller juvenile or youths bicycles are even more challenging.
The pictures and details of others bikes outnumber those that you have provided.
Maybe there are details that we are missing.
Probably but its hard to know. There was a cordova tire i think on it. Probably original. The crank is a little big for the bike . The original rusty seat broke. It had a front spring

Probably but its hard to know. There was a cordova tire i think on it. Probably original. The crank is a little big for the bike . The original rusty seat broke. It had a front spring

On the seat. Thin fork, white pinstripe wheels on a white and blue two tone, 1 rear reflecto on the fender. Hunt wilde grips, mismatched pedals. Thats all i can remember

Back