When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HD Motorcyke

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah, my feeling with most of the really desirable bikes, is that if it’s be redone/repainted/restored, then, it’s a fake bike.
Now, I know that doesn’t sit well with the people with restored bikes, but the only way to truly tell of a bikes authenticity, is if it’s still in its factory original condition.
So that holds a tremendous amount of value to the type of collector willing to spend a substantial amount on an old bike.
The Motorcyke was the flagship model for the bicycles that Harley Davidson had consigned the Davis Sewing Machine company to build for them.
These bicycles were some of the finest made at the time, so quite a few other brands also consigned with Davis to build the bikes that would carry their name.
Davis was owned and operated by George Huffman, who was the patriarch of the family that would eventually be Huffman Mfg. and then the Huffy corporation that we remember as kids.

Congratulations on your family heirloom. Like everyone here I'm looking forward to your photos, this bike would be a great rider and real conversation starter.;)

If it has 28" steel clincher rims and not wood single tube rims you can get tires from a bike shop in Australia that will fit. Check these 37x642 tires/tyres made by Vee Rubber. http://www.moruyabicycles.com.au/contents/en-uk/d973_28-inch-tyre.html. The old 28" tire size is still used in Southeast Asia and common up into the 70s in Australia. The tires are about $20 US each but shipping will be $70 for up to 3 tires. My last order I bought 3 to have a spare. They work great on my circa 1916 Pierce and I've put a few hundred miles on them.

Best of luck with your project and have a great time riding it!

Gary

If you are on the up and up(pics or not true) and it is an unmolested Davis HD Motorcyke with original parts, then good for your family.
If I were you Sir Canuck, I would barely wipe the dust off with a soft cotton cloth and then stare at it for awhile and behold hand made history.
You would regret selling it..:grinning:

Here are the two I have

20190316_143840.jpg

Still has wood rims in good looking condition, but rims look to have been painted as they appear to be silverfish in colour. Maybe

Back