When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HD Motorcyke

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Isn’t the rack and dropstand all in one? I feel like I’ve seen one before on here. Guessing, but most likely Davis specific.

The parts catalog shows this one.
It has the seat stay type attachment, but it looks a little different than the one on your bike.
I’ve been keeping a casual eye out for the one shown in the catalog, but still haven’t ever seen one exactly like what is shown.
10B695D2-BE64-46F5-8773-E68F978E68B1.jpeg

Sir Canuck, could you provide better pics of your Rack/Stand especially near the rear axle? And of the bend area in the frame top? Also the bend in one of the slats: it appears the slat is bent from downward pressure of gear or people onto the fender,(the frame attachments may have slipped down a bit) but the fender looks unaffected. It's so different than the other similar looking teens racks. Marty?

I’d leave alone too.. no sense in doing anything but display it.. those welds are all over on the tubes he probably paint black on it for the paint underneath was burnt by the torch...and if he used a torch it probably changed the structure of the tubes.. so I’d leave it alone looks like it was used after the welds....or in a long shot....it would look nice next to my indian...lol :0........that rack is interesting .. not connected to the stand..
1C872886-AC22-45DB-9A06-4CD046E27CE7.jpeg

I will take some addition pictures of the stand this evening for you.

On another note, I am more convinced my great grandfather was original owner. He would have been early to mid teens 1918. When I got home I Noticed another set of letters on down tube after “Motorcyke”. Very very faint only visible in bright light. At first I thought it was the remnants of another bicycle name and my great grandpa was making knock offs. But in better light I could tell it wasn’t a brand name, instead it was his name. From what I can tell he even tried to use a similar colour as Motorcyke was written in. Adults don’t write their names on their bikes, but a 13 or 14 year old might. Also, you would write your name on a shiny new bike because you wouldn’t want it to be stolen. You wouldn’t write it on a bike that was in used condition as the threat of theft would not be high.

I will be having old family pictures checked to see if I can find one of him on this as teen.

SKPC, hope these help.
Also upon closer inspection the rack appears to have been painted black at some point in its life. Some of the black paint has been chipped away and under that it appears to be he same colour olive green as the rest of the bike.

F8990821-4929-4DC5-BB56-52DD6B699629.jpeg

49CB3E73-41BD-4146-BD4C-54B0112D39D7.jpeg

Last edited:
Back