When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HD rims

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I just finished up my '65 HD and noticed the rim strip did not sit the same as in other S-7 rims I have. The HD rims seem to have a slightly different profile then the regular rim. It is more of a square shoulder on the inside. The rim I'm comparing it to is a '67. I had the understanding that HD rims were same as others just drilled for a HD spoke. Is this just a difference in manufacturing from year to year or are HD rims built differently? HD rim is first pic.

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

From the examples that I have 1955-1969, I'll have to say that the Tubular rims had few minor changes over the years. One detail I noticed was how many holes they punched in the shoulders. I highly doubt there was something special about the S-7 rims on the Heavy Duty but there were slight production changes that were most likely caused by slight differences in the rolling dies.

Back