When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HD

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Don't be discouraged, I think people were just wanting to know how original items were as HD bikes are very rare and with many being built up such as yours, it's important to make a distinction. As I said before, I like the bones of your bike. I am happy that you have taken on a project like this and shared it on the cabe and thank you for being honest about it being built up. No reason to pull the old "take my ball and go home" line. Your first post was very open ended and left us wondering as to where you got such a machine as that.

Again, thanks for posting and hopefully you can understand that because it is a rare and desirable bike that it is bound to stir up the pot a bit without the story behind the "project bike". The more info at the beginning of a thread, the less likely to get as many people assuming the intent of such a thread.

Chris

You guys are stinking nuts. All I posted was something I'm proud of. It's not a walmart bike, not a Target bike it's a Davis Made Bike. And it wasn't free. Each piece I paid for and it wasn't cheap. Heck I even bought the chainring from Ivo. Oh ya thank for not sticking up for my PROJECT I appreciate it. And now I know why I don't post. What a bummer, very disappointed.

Nah, man, your fine Harley bicycle has brought forth a good discussion. She's an awesome looking ride.
Nobody would be talking about it if it wasn't exciting to see, and something we're all interested in.

You guys are stinking nuts. All I posted was something I'm proud of. It's not a walmart bike, not a Target bike it's a Davis Made Bike. And it wasn't free. Each piece I paid for and it wasn't cheap. Heck I even bought the chainring from Ivo. Oh ya thank for not sticking up for my PROJECT I appreciate it. And now I know why I don't post. What a bummer, very disappointed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Do what you like...
No matter how close you build a hd to original specs and every nut, bolt and frame are correct you'll get the rath of a few who don't like it because it will not have the "paint" blood or the original owner last dying breath saying it's real.

HD bike

You've got a great bike, it stands out from so many of the others. I like it, and well done. For all the purest out there, I'm posting images of my real Harley bikes..................

Attachments

• 100_2289.jpg
    100_2289.jpg
    767 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20151008_150003.jpg
    IMG_20151008_150003.jpg
    728.8 KB · Views: 146
I know. I just wanted to say what I felt. Thanks for all the comments. For my first big post this one went to the moon.

I think your HD Davis built bike is dam cool and the care / skill you put into it shows. Spot on and well done! Thank you for posting and any contribution to the research of these fine bikes is always appreciated by all.

Don't be discouraged, I think people were just wanting to know how original items were as HD bikes are very rare and with many being built up such as yours, it's important to make a distinction. As I said before, I like the bones of your bike. I am happy that you have taken on a project like this and shared it on the cabe and thank you for being honest about it being built up. No reason to pull the old "take my ball and go home" line. Your first post was very open ended and left us wondering as to where you got such a machine as that.

Again, thanks for posting and hopefully you can understand that because it is a rare and desirable bike that it is bound to stir up the pot a bit without the story behind the "project bike". The more info at the beginning of a thread, the less likely to get as many people assuming the intent of such a thread.

Chris

Thanks for summing it up, well said. Hey Colby you dont need to defend your project, I didn't see anyone attacking you or the bike. Your first post is basically a picture of a complete bike and no description, so the questions surfaced. I was confused by the avoidance behavior of the questions asked, that's why I called the thread weird.

Im not sure of the etiquette on a project thread, do we as observers just post high fives or ask questions or say whats correct or not (assuming you want an authentic repop bike) or just say nothing.
Its your bike and if you're proud of it...Bravo! Best kind to own.
I'm happy for you bud.

I know exactly what you mean. You post something you are very proud of and shortly after wish you hadn't. If you don't play by the rules of the cool kids club you will definitely hear about it. Keep on building what you want cause I know I am!! Didn't everything great in the world come from people going against the grain?
Oh yea, killer bike. wish I had one of those!!

Back