When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HD

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I don't know enough about these to tell for sure but is that a real HD (Davis) frame and fork? I was asking for better pics so I could compare it against known bikes. Trying to educamate myself! V/r Shawn

70baf255b4f26fc3acaa3ded819aceaf-1.jpg
7289a238c998ab1ee3499285c1f03e41-1.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So did this bike start out as an HD or is this a Davis frame with the HD stuff added? V/r Shawn

I built it as a Harley with the correct parts

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not even Harleys started out as Harleys.... they were just a production run of frames that were hanging up.
Someone pulled an order for a Harley bike to be "built" and then the employee(s) drilled holes for a Harley badge(non bottle cap), painted a Harley color, added Harley chain wheel, proper fork etc.
Any factory frame could as well have been a straight Davis.
Most of these bikes we will never know. Provenance helps, but isn't the end all either. Photos can be altered, (I have a photo of the original owner when he was 14 years old...) yea, maybe.... bill of sale... can be made.... heck, even important birth certificates can be forged (we won't get into that here).
Maybe a parent bought a Davis to give Bobby, and Bobby's friend shows up at the ball park with a Harley bike. Bobby tells his folks, "I want (screaming) a Harley like Tommy has!!!! Parents bring bike back to the LBS. Shop takes it and changes into a Harley to please the all important customer. Bingo...instant Harley!
Another example: Chiefs, Napoleons, Elgins..... all same dig dang frames...... with different add-ons.
Lindy's? same thing...... began as plain Shelby frame.

Back