When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Head badge ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

slcurts

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey all,

Probably a long shot, but does this head badge ring any bells? The bike is a pretty generic-looking TOC ladies' bike with wood rims, handlebars, and rear fender. I'm sure there would have been an insert in there.
0041A95B-FA7F-445A-AF16-7D0C40290107_1_105_c.jpeg

This is great! So what I have is a Bellis Model F, probably 1897, made in Indianapolis which is where I live. That group photo in the catalog is in front of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument on Monument Circle. It was under construction from 1888-1902 and is very much unfinished in this photo.

According to The Wheel, Bellis was organized in 1895 and may have started production by late in that year. They ran a lot of ads in 1896, but sometime in 1897 the ads stopped and by '98 the only news from them was that they were trying to collect money owed from their dealers.

Back