When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Head badge ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
interesting headbadge
I wonder what was at the center of the headbadge!
a decal? an insert?

can you share more pictures of the whole bicycle @slcurts ?

interesting headbadge
I wonder what was at the center of the headbadge!
a decal? an insert?

can you share more pictures of the whole bicycle @slcurts ?
Iverider posted an ad from 1897 that shows what it looked like. The bike is in pieces in a bucket right now; I'll have to spread it out for a photo.

Iverider posted an ad from 1897 that shows what it looked like. The bike is in pieces in a bucket right now; I'll have to spread it out for a photo.
yes, I did see his post, it shows something in the center, but it doesn't show what the center piece is made of
decal?, metal insert? plastic type insert? painted on headtube? or something else?

A Bellis Model F sold at 2006 Copake Auction. Auction listing says badge was celluloid and nickel plated.

For anyone waiting for photos of my Bellis, here she is. As I said, it's pretty generic looking. The frame has a lot of pitting and had been painted blue, as shown in the original badge photo. I was going to paint it for use as a prop, but now that I know what it is I may have to rethink that. The catalog says it came with 28/32-spoke wheels and that's what these are, so I"m assuming the hubs and probably the rims are original, but the spokes are new. The rims are in great shape but the tapered wood bars are obviously broken.

Back