When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Head badge restoration

-
I have a white and black 82’ schwinn badge that I was going to chrome and wanted it to redone in the brass/copper color with black letters.

I have a white and black 82’ schwinn badge that I was going to chrome and wanted it to redone in the brass/copper color with black letters.
Are you talking a copper/brass paint or plating? Those are fairly easy to repaint and if you mess up strip it and start over. Maybe a pic of what you want as a finished product would be helpful. V/r Shawn

Are you talking a copper/brass paint or plating? Those are fairly easy to repaint and if you mess up strip it and start over. Maybe a pic of what you want as a finished product would be helpful. V/r Shawn

This is how i want it to look, what do you recommend to do/use to replicate the small R and Chicago print

View attachment 1589919

This is how i want it to look, what do you recommend to do/use to replicate the small R and Chicago print
That badge is aluminum with what looks like an anodize on the background. The only way to get those would either be to have decals or dry transfers made. Personally I'd just try to find a nice badge unless that Julian date is really important to you. V/r Shawn

Just my luck I won a bid on eBay for one with a close enough date, but yea it’s anodized, I redo/customize schwinns for hobby, mainly the color schemes from classic cars, so I’ll be looking into the decals or transfers you mentioned for the next badge. Thanks for the info

I do it myself. What kind of badge do you have? V/r Shawn
I would like to repaint these.. I believe they were originally the color on the left .. Opalescent blue from a 57 deluxe hornet.. You can still see a smidge of color around the screw holes..

Back