When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Head Badge screws

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
a little tap well placed on the screw to 'break' the rust and a very narrow blade screwdriver (for better fit deep into slot)and they should come out. apply firm pressure with fingers around the screw so if screwdriver slips you don't gouge the head plate. replace with fresh screws. bob u has a bunch of them-bobcycles.

This is why learning how to post pics is important. We can sit here and do the kabuki d!ck dance all day long but without seeing exactly what you are dealing with we can just keep guessing. V/r Shawn

This is why learning how to post pics is important. We can sit here and do the kabuki d!ck dance all day long but without seeing exactly what you are dealing with we can just keep guessing. V/r Shawn
good fellas.jpg

imagesSBJP1DCL.jpg

pictures.....you're joking-right? we're talking about head plate screws....not removing a one piece crank for the first time. a picture of a screwdriver and a screw.....c'mon......I think we're all on the same page here......

grasshopper....I assume nothing. years ago I taught a couple kids how to work on bikes. these were teenagers mind you. they did not know how to remove or tighten nuts and bolts. I had to use the 'karate kid' thing on them...righty=tighty...lefty=loosey. there are skill levels for everything. thinking outside the box isn't possible for everyone either. actually the best way to learn is by doing something yourself. thinking about it and then how you are going to do it. what we can do is offer encouragement to someone with what seems like a simple task and let them think it through for themselves. they will get it. we're not laughing at them-we're laughing with them-because we have all been there at some point in our life.
untitled.png

Hmmm, have you ever looked at a Schwinn head badge? Then you know what I'm looking at. For over 40 years I've tried to get them out or tighten loose ones They don't move. Looking at the threads and the peened over heads I'd say they are pressed in. When I was a kid we taped around them when painting a bike. This one, I gave up ripped the head badge off and pulled the screws out with a claw hammer. I have a couple more bikes to clean up this year, probably gonna do the same thing. Its simple. Sorry I asked

good for you-you figured it out...well sorta...not the way I would do it-but you accomplished the task. truth be known-I had to do a couple like that myself years ago. now lightly tap the metal around the hole with a hammer to 'move material' back(make hole small again) and use new screws when
imagesE2T1A0UD.jpg

putting a plate back on. congrats-you're done!

Back